Full Job Description
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macy’s Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy’s Join our team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app – you’ll have opportunities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere omnichannel retailer. Macy’s technology hub, Macy’s Systems and Technology (MST) strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. MST is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
Macy’s Technologies is seeking an Engineering Manager for the Enterprise Security Team. The Manager, Information Security Engineering will participate in development of security strategies and provides guidance to teams on security and business technology solutions. The work of this Manager is performed under the direction of the Director to whom they report and with alignment to their peers.
This Manager contributes thought leadership across multiple security domains, including cloud deployments, application development, system architecture, network and endpoint protections, data management, and threat incident response. They drive process refinement and implementation, project management, cross-team/discipline collaboration, maintenance of internal and external stakeholder relationships, and direct supervision of staff. They also ensure that the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
Travel will be required for this position, as needed, but typically would only be 1-2 times per quarter, but could be as frequent as monthly. Will perform other duties as assigned.
The Manager, Enterprise Security Engineering has responsibility for one or more departments or groups responsible for the effective and efficient design and implementation of cyber defense technologies. They will be responsible for attracting, retaining and developing top talent focused on market needs and inspiring the engineering teams to provide quality service to drive a highly stable and innovative security organization. Additional responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain a high-performing team; selects, develops, coaches, rewards and recognizes team members.
- A trusted advisor, thought-leader who applies business, industry and technical knowledge of assigned assets, domains, platforms, technologies and vendors. Provides input for technology strategy.
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure quality solution delivery. Responsible for leading the implementation, execution and maintenance of technology solutions to mitigate risk and drive business results.
- Provide thought leadership to mid-large sized projects. Solves complex problems and provides leadership and technical guidance to less experience staff.
- Provide subject matter expertise on one or more services within assigned Information Security Program architecture, protocols, processes, and governance and is responsible for the technical implementation and support of all aspects within assigned Information Security Program functions.
- Manage, maintain and leverage technology assets to ensure sustainable business and technical operations.
- Develop strong relationships with business areas in support of the planning and delivery of technology enabled business solutions in alignment with Macy’s information security policies.
- Make operational and strategic decisions that may have significant impact, on functionality, quality or effectiveness of the team and Macys. Advises and influences senior leaders about information security best practices, risk analysis and risk mitigation.
- Develop and maintain appropriate levels of business and technology knowledge necessary to provide effective direction and decision making for area of responsibility.
- Conduct communications that involve obtaining cooperation and agreement on issues that may be complex or controversial.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 5+ years direct experience
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects – can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Experience in one or more of the following Information Security programs areas: Endpoint Protection, Risk Management, Threat Management, Incident Management and/or Security Engineering & Operations Support.
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.
- Address Johns Creek, GA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors