As Engineering Manager of Loss Prevention Technology at Nordstrom, you will support the LP Technology program and a team of skilled technical professionals responsible for the design and deployment of secure, supportable, and scalable solutions. You will provide strategic technical leadership and help foster a culture of operational excellence while collaborating with program managers, engineers, analysts, and all levels of leadership.
The ideal candidate will be a self-directed critical thinker, creative problem solver, and committed team player. You will have a bias toward action, prioritizing delivering immediate value to Nordstrom while iteratively building our program for the future. Part of your success will be achieved through forming strong partnerships with business units and technology teams to help guide them by providing vision, strategy, and balancing prioritization to effectively support LP Technology in our environment. In this role, you will report to the Senior Engineering Manager of LP Technology and Hardware Asset Management, as well as collaborate with other security and infrastructure teams. This program has the unique ability to drive change through visibility, security, and analytics. Come join us!
What you’ll be doing
- Develop the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the LP Technology program in collaboration with senior leadership, as well as partner technology infrastructure teams.
- Lead operations and program support for critical security systems and services, including camera systems, door access systems, and related applications.
- Build out and support our team of LP Technology TPMs, engineers, and analysts needed sustain and mature the program.
- Be the subject matter expert on the broader Loss Prevention (Asset Protection) technology landscape for the industry and for Nordstrom, working with partners inside and outside the company to identify emerging trends.
- Champion effective and sustainable solutions in the organization, supporting both Asset Protection and Store analytics functions, while driving continuous improvement in our security posture.
- Deliver actionable health metrics, trend reporting, and drive toward proactive monitoring.
- Attract, develop, and retain top technical talent.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of organizational leadership.
More about you
- Curious, with a personal desire to continuously expand your knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of physical security technology, hardware deployment, IT asset lifecycle management, and network management at scale.
- A servant leader, who enjoys rolling up their sleeves to help their team find answers, but who can also effectively delegate and prioritize.
- Adept in helping your team get better every day by setting clear expectations, providing motivation, quickly resolving issues, and actively managing performance.
- Experienced at developing and maintaining effective partnerships with both peers and leadership.
- A strategic mindset coupled with high energy and a positive outlook.
- Independent driver with an entrepreneurial spirit and a resourceful problem solver with a passion for continuous improvement.
- An owner at heart, you genuinely care about your internal customers and communicate effectively with engineers and program managers of all levels
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the security engineering and/or network engineering domain, including a deep knowledge of Layer 1 / Layer 2 infrastructure, and project management at scale
- Minimum of 4 years of technical supervisory or management experience
- Experience using and deploying a comprehensive array of physical security applications, as well as analytics, and monitoring tools
- Experience working in a diverse and large-scale technology organization that includes multiple data centers, cloud environments, platforms, and operating systems.
- BS in Computer Science/ Engineering or equivalent education and experience required
- Leadership skills including coaching, team building, performance management, issue resolution, negotiation, motivating others, financial forecasting, and planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, ISO, and NIST
- Wry sense of humor a plus
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Job ID : R-427370
- Salary Offer $52,020/yr - $136,137/yr
- Address Seattle, WA, USA
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10