About the job
Lead IT Specialist – Network Security
Summary: The Network Security position is a hands on technical role within the Network team. A successful candidate will leverage many of the network security tools currently in place and additionally research and deploy new network security tools in the industry. In addition the Network Security person will provide additional support and knowledge to the overall Network organization on projects, datacenter buildouts, and field support activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure, network hardware and security technologies.
- Deploy, Administer, and Maintain network security tools and services.
- Assist in developing effective security policies, tool provisioning, and configuration review/audit.
- Maintaining next generation firewalls, virtual private networks, and network access management tools as well as performing regular audits.
- Review regular reports and investigate abnormalities along with mitigation options
- Provide supplemental network support and knowledge to the entire network team
- Work with the IT Cybersecurity team as needed, including: project architecture security reviews, configuration audits, and incident response
Requirements: Education and/or Experience, knowledge, skills and abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essentail duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related technical disciplines or additional equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience with Layer 2 switching protocols such as TCP or UDP, STP, ECMP, or 802.1x
- 5+ years of experience with Layer 3 routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and VRFs
- 3+ years of experience with stateful firewalls, non-stateful filtering and packet inspection
- 1+ years of experience with next generation firewall from Cisco.
- Knowledge of user authentication, authorization and Identity management products and technologies such as: 802.1x, TACACS, Radius, and Cisco ISE
- Solid understanding of PKI as well as deployment via SCEP
- Effective written & verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills to work in a team environment, establishing & maintaining good working relationships with others, to support team & company objectives, and a willingness to work in all operational areas.
- Strong dedication to quality customer service and superior telephone etiquette with the ability to deal effectively with customers, vendors, peers and management.
- Candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency, individual responsibility, and a willingness to accept constantly changing priorities.
- A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies
- Able to work on-call rotation
Required Experience Is Commensurate With The Selected Job Level
- The Senior IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- The Principal IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 10+ years of relevant job related experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Education and/or experience, knowledge, skills & abilities: (if any)
CCNA, CCNP, CCDA
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Approximately 10% travel may be required including occasional overnight travel.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings which may include hazardous materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.
Contact the job poster
Cheryl Krey, PHR
Recruitment Supervisor – Energy Transfer
Job Poster LocationHouston, Texas Area
- Oil & Energy
- Address Houston, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors