3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd Norcross GA 30071 USA
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Our technology organization is transforming how we work at WestRock. We align with our businesses to deliver innovative solutions that:
- Address specific business challenges, integrate processes, and create great experiences
- Connect our work to shared goals that propel WestRock forward in the Digital Age
- Imagine how technology can advance the way we work by using disruptive technology
We are looking for forward thinking technologists that can accelerate our focus areas such as building stronger foundational technology capabilities, reducing complexity, employing digital transformation concepts, and leveraging disruptive technology.
The Lead Security Engineer is responsible for helping to drive deep technology conversations with Westrock business partners. This role will assist in managing the network security posture of the company, including the deployment of key network security solutions and the performance of firewall and network deployment, tuning, and monitoring. The role will help manage firewalls, proxy systems, logging, and other network security mechanisms.
This position will also have dotted line reporting responsibilities with multiple project managers/teams within Information Security and will coordinate within IT to ensure projects and programs are designed and architected with network security principles included.
How you will impact WestRock:
● Manage security responsibilities, including firewalls, proxy systems, logging, and other security devices.
● Create and review reports on event anomalies.
● Develop and maintain security policies.
● Raise awareness of security policies and develop corresponding procedures.
● Provide security expertise to the company
● Assist in the enforcement and monitoring of Compliance regulations.
● Investigate and respond to security violations.
● Defines security requirements and reviews systems to determine if they have been designed to comply with established security standards. Develop new standards as necessary.
● Analyze business needs, research, and recommend solutions.
● Establish and manage relations with vendors and related equipment suppliers.
● This role is required to participate in the planning, design, installation, and maintenance of security systems in support of confidentiality, integrity, and availability. This role is accountable for reviewing security configurations on systems and networking infrastructure components, providing guidance on availability and integrity, and monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements, and security standards.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or in related field of study, including any of the following but not limited to: Information Systems, Network Engineering, or Information Security.
- 7+ or more years delivering information security infrastructure support and related services with a minimum of 10 years IT experience.
- At least 5+ years of experience with supporting enterprise-class firewalls and/or intrusion detection/protection systems is required
- Expert knowledge of firewall technologies required.
- Network and system security architecture expertise.
- Working knowledge of web application firewalls, load balancers and proxies.
- Experience with:
- The design and configuration of a network DMZ.
- Computer security combined with risk analysis, audit, and compliance objectives.
- Working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware.
- Penetration methodologies
- Network Security and design, configuration, protocols, routers, network management, systems administration, vulnerability management. Firewall rules,
- SOA/Microservices, API Development, AWS
- Knowledge of key governance frameworks, including ISO 27001, NIST, COBIT and ITIL.
- Hands on experience with web-based systems architectures, service-based architectures including microservices & enterprise application architecture.
- Hands-on experience with AWS Platform and Services
- Certifications in related field, including any of the following but not limited to: CISSP, CCNA, AWS
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, and managing enterprise-class security technologies and architectures is required.
- Extensive skills with TCP/IP protocol stack and associated applications including Telnet / SSH /
- FTP (CRT), TFTP, DNS, DHCP.
- Extensive skills with Microsoft Windows domain networks; firewall management; active directory federation services; multi-factor authentication and VPN. Experience working within Agile/Scrum development teams
- Broad experience across Information Security domains such as governance, risk & compliance, incident response, identity & access management, penetration testing, e-discovery & forensics, etc.
- Strong analytical aptitude and ability to learn modern/new technologies quickly
- Insatiable desire to help teammates win
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
- Salary Offer $57,000/yr and $128,000/yr
- Address 3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd Norcross GA, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10