About the job
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you passionate and committed to making the cyber domain safer for people, businesses and organizations around the globe? We are looking for a skilled and innovative Immersive Experience Designer to develop scenarios that illustrate cyber risk and security from every level. IBM Security Command is responsible for providing professional, industry leading, immersive cyber security training experiences for our customers, utilizing multi-million-dollar Cyber Ranges and on-site customer locations.
You will design gamified incident and business response experiences to test the plans, capabilities and mentalities of our customers through cutting edge visual and immersive content delivery platforms. You will be contributor on an extraordinary team dedicated to leading our customers, through multiple paths and vectors, on a formational journey. Be it on-premise or hybrid-cloud environments, you will help IBM Security’s customers see that cyber security is not an IT issue, but a whole-of-business challenge. Leverage your experiences, skills and knowledge in visual communications, design and technology to facilitate an immersive customer experience so impactful that customers will be glad when it’s over.
- Tailor customized experiences and content to engage customers at an appropriate level of understanding
- Through written and visuals methods, communicate complex information, concepts, and ideas in an innovative, professional and well-organized approach
- Develop experiences for any of our immersive Cyber Range environments, both virtual and on-site
- Present and/or publish your work and insights at multiple forums and industry events throughout the year
- Occasional weekend travel based on customer projects (3-6 times, annually)
Your Abilities & Skills
- Talented storytelling and an ability to weave key insights into a compelling narrative
- Ability to clearly communicate your design approaches with developers, management and leadership
- Detail oriented and a team-focused collaborator
- Ability to manage complex design challenges and create customer-focused solutions.
- Understanding of visual and sound design in creating immersive stories
We come to work thrilled knowing it will never be the same day twice. At IBM, you have access to a rare combination of experiences that together build a powerful, rewarding career for you.
- Opportunity to do work that impacts not just your team but often the very lives of millions of people. You’re not just joining a well-known company; at IBM you’re joining a bigger cause.
- Ability to discover the exact career you were meant to have by trying different roles, industries, technologies even locations, right within IBM. No other company gives you the career opportunities like IBM.
- A company with a progressive and inclusive heritage based on leadership and a history of taking stands on things that matter.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 years of applicable experience
- Understanding of immersive story design, exercise and/or game design
- Understanding technology and leadership challenges related to business, organizational processes and problem solving
- Understanding the technologies, concepts and challenges related to cyber security and its broader impact.
- Ability to build and innovate across multiple delivery platforms
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 5 years of applicable experience
- Vocational or educational experience in visual design and communications, such as a completed Bachelor’s degree program in Media Arts and Technology or Design
- Experience presenting design concepts clearly and persuasively to leadership
- Experience with training programs or exercise design and development
- Experience and confidence with technical engagements and story telling
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), PowerPoint Sketch, Final Cut
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors