Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Lead, Data Tech to join our team at the Parsippany – 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany, New Jersey.
The Data Tech Lead role is responsible for designing and overseeing the development of extraction, transformation and loading of data across the enterprise data ecosystem. The lead must be able to work cross functionally with IT business partners to improve and enhance data integration across all applications. The lead role must be able to work with development teams to gather requirements, develop strategy, assign tasks, and develop timelines that may be integrated into larger project plans. This role will lead and oversee the execution of a team of engineers.
1. Manage team of engineers to develop data solutions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee code design, communications of onsite and offshore resources, and other day to day deliverables.
- Manage day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support Agile software development practices.
2. Analysis and Solution Data Design. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Scrum Master and product owner to provide development sizing and cost analysis estimates.
3. ETL Development. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating/updating ETL specifications and supporting documentation.
- Developing ETL logic utilizing Informatica workflows, scripting and load utilities.
- Designing schemas, data models and data architecture.
- Designing, building and supporting data processing pipelines to transform data.
- Problem solving and fixing technical issues.
4. Study, Develop, Implement, and Govern ETL Best Practices and Standards. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining coding standards.
- Mapping document retention.
This position demands active participation across multiple functions and departments along with working relationships with the various Business and IT divisions as a peer and colleague. This will require interaction and collaboration with business intelligence users, BI developers and ETL developers. This position will lead and oversee a team of engineers. The position will influence strategy with the input of leaders.
Developer deliverables must adhere to our compliance and SOX standards. Security of our data is a core responsibility of a lead on the data team. Overseeing projects from beginning to end and ensuring that we deliver to the business within our financial budget and timeline. Role is responsible for ensuring we remain in on time and within budget of projects while ensuring quality of code development.
- Experience working on large cross functional projects.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Strong hands-on experience in development of large-scale ETL & EDW applications/systems and working within Data Management and MDM environments.
- Knowledge in AWS Cloud and Redshift.
- Understand the ETL architecture and provide options to improve the ETL design process for achieving higher optimization level as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 8+ years of Data warehouse and BI experience.
- 3+ years managing teams of engineers.
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter/Enterprise PowerCenter Grid.
- Experience using AWS technologies including Redshift.
- Ability to understand a BI Reporting Requirements and warehouse ER diagrams.
- Proven record of complex business requirements handling.
- Strong SQL Knowledge and Performance Tuning.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of data best practices.
- Hotel industry experience a plus.
Data Tech Lead will report directly to the Senior Manager of Data Engineering.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Parsippany – 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054
Employment Status: Full-time
Req Id: 20016
- Address 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20