About the job
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment ‘Our Way to Serve,’ Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The Lead Cyber Security Engineer position is a team role on the Cyber Security Engineering Team that will work across the security domains to ensure collaboration and improvement in our overall security posture. The engineer will be well versed in technical security controls and frameworks; and will focus on ensuring Bridgestone’s technical security stack is tuned to detect and prevent threats. The individual in this role should demonstrate an understanding of multiple security domains and will exercise judgment within existing security practices and policies.
Working alongside the members of the security architecture, engineering, and operations teams to assess the configuration of security tools and tune them based on the changing global threat landscape
- Seeing the big picture and ensuring the enterprise gets value from security solutions taking both a “red” and “blue” team approach
- Ensure plans are put in place during technology deployments to ensure a smooth hand-off to operational teams
- Analyzing data and providing governance on remediation activities
- Applying lessons learned from known events and incidents to provide stronger defenses
- Provide support as needed in the Incident Response process
- Report security gaps to IT leadership as applicable with appropriate recommendations
- Recommend security solutions based on security best practices and frameworks
- Facilitate and support threat/architecture reviews and security scenario analysis/use cases
- Identify enhancements to information security tools, standards, and processes to protect against emerging threats
- Provide SME support to projects and programs across the security domain
- Outstanding communication and people skills are required to work with a global and diverse business and IT community spanning multiple functional units. Sound project management skills are a plus in this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7 or more years of applicable security experience
- Proven technical skills across multiple information security domains
- Experience working at various levels of incident response and security operations
- Experience with deploying security solutions including firewalls, IDS/IPS, SEIM, vulnerability scanners, end point protection platforms, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of modern cyber threat actors, their motivation, scenarios, tools, tactics and procedures
- Experience with penetration testing tools and processes
- Strong understanding of security frameworks including NIST CSF and MITRE ATT&CK
- Ability to present complex, technical information to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical, in written and/or oral formats
- Experience measuring and communicating risk, business impact, cost and level of difficulty to remediate security issues
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent work experience .
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
- Address Tennessee, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10