Full Job Description
Do you have a passion for software security and open source? Does working on novel approaches to improve the security in open source interest you? Do you want to interact with the open source community, present your work in public and discuss your ideas with others? And what about researching novel mechanisms to improve the state of the art when it comes to detecting new issues? That’s what we are looking for.
We need a Linux developer to work on cross functional and cross geo teams to design, develop, validate, and upstream security and functional mitigations in the kernel. You’ll have the opportunity to work daily with other kernel developers, hardware architects, microcode architects, and security researchers. This role will offer you many opportunities for visibility and to influence and engage with multiple organizations and has a huge impact on Intel’s business in client and datacenter platforms. You’ll make possible for Intel’s customers to protect their systems from security vulnerabilities.
What we do
- We develop security mitigations in the Linux kernel for hardware and software vulnerabilities.
- We explore new potential issues, develop new tools, and work on fixes before they are publicly known.
- Work with cross functional teams.
- Research novel areas of Linux kernel security.
- Work in customer escalations, root causing the issues, running performance studies if required, and proposing solutions.
- Present our developments and findings in external conferences about security, open source, system administration, etc
You must have the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through schoolwork, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in software development working in Linux
- 6+ years of contributions to open source projects
- 5+ years upstreaming code
- Experienced in HW/SW integration and debugging activities
- Previous contributions to one or more open source projects, preferably the Linux kernel and / or KVM/Xen
- Be creative, proactive and think big. You can identify new opportunities, engage the most relevant actors, and drive complex projects to conclusion
- Experience in low level optimizations for Intel Architecture
- Very good understanding of standard debugging and validation concepts, tools, and techniques
- Hands on experience with server benchmarks or programming experience to write micro benchmarks to stress server systems is a plus
- Familiarity in performance analysis like EMON, perf
- Familiarity with Rust
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel’s technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what’s never been done before. We’ve also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Massachusetts, Hudson;US, Texas, Austin;Virtual US and Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here.
- Address Hillsboro, OR, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors