Selective is seeking a Sr, Manager of Information Security who leads the information security department to protect enterprise information systems and data from intentional or accidental destruction, disruption, or modification while minimizing the impact upon those who need legitimate access to the data. Works closely across ITS teams and business units to identify gaps, specify requirements, and select solutions to security objectives that safeguard access to enterprise files, networks, and data. Provides leadership to a team responsible for carrying out security policy, operation of preventive and detective technical controls, monitoring of security systems, identification of anomalies, and escalation of verified threats to the security officer. Position plays a critical role in leading technical discussions within the team, and directing projects that are moderately complex in nature and/or of moderate importance to the Selective organization.
- Responsible for the ongoing service delivery, technology, staff, and budget in the IT Security group, including the management of group staff, setting group priorities, and coordinating and reporting of group activities.
- Under general direction of the security officer, implements the Written Information Security Program, monitors for areas of gaps or noncompliance, and reports on gaps as appropriate.
- Under general direction of the security officer and in alignment with the corporate cybersecurity framework, implements upgrades, enhancements, and replacements to security technology, processes, controls, and skills as documented in the annual security improvement plan.
- Partners with General Counsel, Human Resources, and Internal Audit departments to align Information Security policies, processes, and technologies with compliance, legislative, and human resource challenges, taking into consideration business strategy and threat landscapes.
- Recognizes, identifies, and escalates potential areas where existing Information Security policies, technologies, and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, and proposes appropriate changes or additions as required.
- Supports the development and reporting of the Information Security budget and is responsible for the administration, performance, and reforecasting of the approved budget.
- Supports audit activities sponsored by internal, retained, or external audit areas. Responsible for the collection of documentation, retention of documentation, and execution of remediation plans as agreed to with the IT Management Team.
- Ensures appropriate Information Security metrics are being monitored and trended, thresholds are established, monitoring solutions are deployed, deviations are reviewed and escalated, and periodic status reports to stakeholders are prepared.
- Serves as the custodian of Information Security documentation, policies, best practices, and standards to help direct the activities of the IT organization. Champions information security best practices and educates the organization through appropriate education, campaigns, and events.
- Knowledge at the expert level of current IT Security techniques, software, and hardware.
- Familiarity with public cloud, cryptography, Internet security issues and solutions, computer virus and harmful code, electronic identification, authentication, and authorization techniques, and risk management and assessment techniques.
- Ability to understand and clearly explain general methods of information security to other members of the organization.
- Ability to express complex technical security control concepts passionately and effectively (verbally and written).
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively when dealing with external customers and suppliers.
- Requires a broad understanding of business processes and information protection issues.
- Experience with risk management and cybersecurity frameworks including NIST-CSF, ISO-27000, SOX, BASEL II, EU DPD, HIPAA, and PCI D.
- 10 years of experience in Information Technology, with at least 5 years of information security experience
- 5 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, business administration, or related discipline is preferred.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Security-specific certifications, including CISSP, GIAC, or equivalent designation, are highly preferred
A new job is a big decision. Don’t work just anywhere. Be Selective.
Selective is a midsized U.S. domestic property and casualty insurance company with a history of strong financial performance for over 95 years. Focused on exceptional employee and customer experience, we are frequently recognized for awards and honors, including being named to Forbes’ 2021 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance list.
We genuinely care about each other, our customers, and the communities in which we operate. Our leaders actively champion career development and invite us to voice unique ideas and diverse perspectives. If that sounds appealing, we think you would feel inspired on our team to achieve and be rewarded for extraordinary results.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. That means we respect and value every individual’s unique opinions, beliefs, abilities, and perspectives. We are committed to promoting a welcoming culture that celebrates diverse talent, individual identity, different points of view and experiences – and empowers employees to contribute new ideas that support our continued and growing success. Building a highly engaged team is one of our core strategic imperatives, which we believe is enhanced by diversity, equity, and inclusion. We expect and encourage all employees and all of our business partners to embrace, practice, and monitor the attitudes, values, and goals of acceptance; address biases; and foster diversity of viewpoints and opinions.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Address Branchville, NJ 07890, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20