About the job
Summit Materials is looking for a IT Vice President of Operations Solutions to join our growing IT team based in Denver, Colorado. This role will lead the Operations Solutions capability at Summit Materials.
Summit Materials was formed to acquire and grow heavy-side building materials companies in the aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, cement, asphalt paving and construction industries. By teaming up with established local businesses, Summit is committed to creating value, providing access to growth capital, implementing best practices, and offering a safe place to work while striving to exceed its environmental and social responsibilities. Our employees are what make Summit special and are the foundation of our company. Their passion and dedication to our mission, and ability to have fun in this pursuit, is what creates our success.
We are looking for an experienced, business savvy, articulate and creative problem solver to lead a team. The VP of Operations Solutions is responsible for program leadership and strategic direction for Summits’ core Operations systems supporting EH&S, Production management systems, Maintenance Systems, and Sales and Distribution systems. The VP of Operations Solutions is responsible for the stable, secure, and timely operation of these core platforms and associated applications including oversight of third-party development and support partners. The VP of Operations Solutions leads the broader team to ensure successful management of platform lifecycle and maintenance projects, as well as business projects supporting the core lines of business. This role works closely with business leaders to define, manage, and direct functional roadmap development and execution, operational support, and proactive management of the overall program. The role will engage directly on projects while in other cases will lead project resources supporting other business initiatives and capabilities.
- Partners with senior leadership of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the enterprise
- Partners with business owners to define yearly capability roadmap and translation of capability requirements to technical, resource, and budget requirements
- Directs yearly program roadmap and budget, supporting business case and various enterprise-wide projects and program plans
- Manages teams to execute projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business
- Manages identification, triage, escalation, and timely resolution of system issues in partnership with business teams, IT Infrastructure, and third-party support organizations
- Manages relationships, budget, scope, and resourcing with third-party development and support providers
- Creates and cultivates strong relationships with key managed service providers
- Manages software license compliance for applications
- Accountable for resource planning and assignments, directing work efforts, reviewing integrated project plans, escalating & communicating resource needs, ensuring completion of quality reviews, and driving the resolution of issues as appropriate
- Accountable for team leadership, coaching, mentoring, and development to create a highly effective and agile team
- Partners with IT Security team to ensure proper security controls and processes are identified, implemented, and maintained
- Partners with Data and Analytics team to ensure core systems data and associated system data adheres to data governance requirements and policies
- Collaborate the vetting and management of vendors, including coordinating execution of NDA’s, MSA’s, SOW’s and similar contracts to procure adequate resources to achieve Lab objectives in planned timeframes
- Provides oversight of application releases and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release
- Attract, retain, develop, and promote talent to build a team with an optimal balance of experience and diverse perspectives.
Skills & Experience
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of ERP experience, with experience in the following functional areas Production, Maintenance, Sales & Distribution, and EH&S.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience leading large, technology teams
- Construction Materials, and Manufacture Industry experience is preferable.
- ERP full cycle implementation required (SAP, Oracle, or other ERP systems)
- In depth knowledge on ERP processes
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional project teams
- Strong customer service orientation, including the ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, end users, management, and others outside the organization
- Ability to articulate a vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Ability to co-create and work collectively with various business leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent listening, communication, and presentation skills including the ability to translate strategy and technology into business terms
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%
Base Salary Range:
$165,000.00 – $195,000.00
Summit Materials was formed to acquire and grow heavy-side building materials companies in the aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, cement, asphalt paving and construction industries. By teaming up with established local businesses, Summit is committed to creating value, providing access to growth capital, implementing best practices, and offering a safe place to work while striving to exceed its environmental and social responsibilities. Our employees are what make Summit special and are the foundation of our company. Their passion and dedication to our mission, while also having fun, is what creates our success.
Benefits and Compensation
At Summit Materials, we believe in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our comprehensive benefits allow our employees and their families to have security beyond the workplace with benefits such as medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) with an employer match, HSA, and FSA’s for health and dependent care. We incentivize our employees to minimize health concerns with our wellness program and other experiences to maintain a long and prosperous life. Variable compensation, including short-time and long-term incentive plans are determined based on role, paid out based on personal and company performance and is subject to annual review.
- Salary Offer $165,000/yr - $195,000/yr
- Address Denver, CO, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20