About the job
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Federal Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
- In this exciting role, you will have up to 4 years of progressive experience.
- Provide midlevel analytical and problem solving skills when addressing and resolving issues, assessing possible system impacts, and recommending technical solutions.
- Provide knowledge of computer science principles to perform complex system and software engineering assignments.
- Experience with the support of enterprise level computing platforms and systems administration is required.
- Information Assurance skills are highly desired, as are auditing and experience with continuous monitoring and security event detection and response.
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing or software programs is a plus.
- Experience with Certification and Accreditation standards and documentation would also be beneficial (NIST 800-53 in particular).
- You will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, and customer requirements.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends.
- Other responsibilities include; maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures, perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning, perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions, repair and recover from hardware or software failures as well as create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Government security clearance.
- Implement and maintain the security requirements as defined by the client. (40%)
- Systems and software implementation and support (40%)
- Risk Analysis and Management (10%)
- Change management (10%)
- The execution of all duties and responsibilities for this position requires the candidates to be physically present in IBM’s Williston, VT location.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Linux/UNIX experience (3 years)
- Systems administration and support (3 years)
- Advanced MS Office Proficiency
- Certifications: Security+, CISA, CISM or CISSP required. Will need to gain certification within 6 months of starting on project.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Security and Information Assurance skills
- Networking skills
- Tivoli backup and restore
- Semi Conductor Manufacturing Experience / Theory
- Clearance: Active DoD Secret
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Williston, VT, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors