About the job
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company‘s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative IT teammate who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
This is your opportunity to provide world-class IT support at a fast-growing Cambridge startup (located in the heart of Kendall Square). Your mission will be to help our team become as productive as possible, by working on a variety of day-to-day support tasks including the set-up and provisioning of laptops (mostly Macs), mobile devices (iOS and Android), printers, and video conferencing (Zoom). As an IT Support Specialist II, you’ll be expected to solve complex internal-facing problems using your own experience and judgment + ability to collaborate with the team when needed.
- Provide world-class technical assistance for CMT-owned computers, iOS, and Android devices, as well as Enterprise SaaS applications, including provisioning and deprovisioning user accounts.
- Work to maintain and update internal technical documentation when needed
- Execute assigned IT project tasks that support increasing the overall productivity of the organization.
- Monitor technology trends and evaluate emerging new technologies for adoption and implementation
- Assist with the new hire onboarding process, including ordering/provisioning laptops and equipment, and assisting with technical setup
- Consider various options and collaborate with management to determine the hardware and software needs of employees
- Maintain conference room A/V systems; manage conferencing set up for our daily “stand-up” and weekly “all-hands” meetings
- Communicate with internal team members at every level on a day-to-day basis
- Perform hands-on work as needed (end-user support, troubleshooting, HW/SW installs, upgrades, IT projects)
- This position requires you to be in the office 2-3 times a week
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience and/or certification
- 2+ years or relevant working experience in a corporate IT environment
- 2+ years of experience managing Apple devices and other computer hardware, ideally in corporate environments.
- 2+ years managing cloud SaaS products (Google Apps, Slack, etc.).
- Basic understanding of network protocols and the ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues
- 2+ years supporting users (end-user support, troubleshooting, security HW/SW installs, upgrades, IT/Helpdesk projects); with the ability to provide world-class customer service using excellent communication and tact
- 1-2 years working with JAMF and Microsoft Endpoint Manager
Nice to Have:
- Experience Working in a SaaS Startup.
- Familiarity with Atlassian products (JIRA and Confluence)
- College Graduate in Information Technology/Information Systems/Information Security.
- Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA)
- Google Certified Administrator
- Linux OS management
- AWS Certification
- ISO 27001/SOC II Type II experience
- Technical program or Project Management experience a plus
- Desire to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
Interpersonal Skills / Culture Values
- Happy to help: be the go-to IT resource for our growing team, no task is too small for you to take on
- Diligent and patient: although most issues may be easy to resolve, allowing you to use your technical know-how to solve them, others may be tricky, requiring you to work with other team members as well as external vendors to come up with solutions
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability and parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work-from-home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.
- Address Cambridge, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5