About the job
This position is responsible for providing advanced technical service desk support services to end users via the telephone or electronically. They will conduct initial assessment, triage and resolve issues with application software, and hardware components with minimal assistance.
Customer & System Support
- Provide advanced technical support
- Identify, correlate, escalate, and manage Problems
- Proactively identify, research and resolve technical problems
- Monitor email to ensure proper responses are made as required
- Participate in after-hours on-call support
- Keep IT management apprised of critical issues
- Responsibility for monitoring and managing individual ticket queue to ensure proper ticket flow occurs
Documentation & Knowledge Management
- Create and documents all support calls from the user community into the IT Service Management tool
- Follow knowledge articles as well as documentation to resolve all technical trouble tickets at the service desk
- Add information to existing knowledge base, writes documentation and documents procedures.
- Identify and recommend changes with existing documentation that impacts customer support
Monitoring & Optimization
- Identify shortcomings for implementing process improvements
- Log incidents and requests into appropriate product categorization
- Serve as the liaison between third party vendors and end users on any escalated end user issues
- College degree or minimum of 2 years of service desk and airline experience or related technical field
- Subject Matter Competency with Windows 10 operating system
- Subject Matter Competency with remote software knowledge using SMS, Proxy and Remote Desktop tools
- Subject Matter Competency with network topologies including but not limited to wireless access points, IP addressing, remote connections and VPN solutions
- Subject Matter Competency of various hardware and software products including Citrix, Microsoft Office Suite, Exchange Administration, McAfee Antivirus, System Management Server (SMS)
- Subject Matter Competency with a modern IT Service Management tool
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to translate technical concepts into lay terms
- Demonstrated results orientation, initiative, attention to detail, and customer service orientation
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- 24/7 operation with flexible hours, providing coverage when needed.
- Must be able to work holidays as needed
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm .
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement
- Address Erlanger, KY, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5