DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company… and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
- Works as a team member to make recommendations on and provides Level 2 or Level 3 support in one or more of the following areas: Server Hardware/
- -Mainframe, Unix, NT, VAT/MS; Desktop & LAN
- – Microsoft Windows 95, 98, NT & 2000; Database Design-architecture, data interoperability and database development; Network-WAN, Infrastructure, Wireless and Telephony; Enabling Technology & Tools-ORACLE, OO, JAVA, EJB, J2EE, XML, development tool, etc:
- Tools – LDAP, VPN, Firewalls,
- , etc. Performs complex tasks related to area of technical responsibility, works on multiple assignments and projects. Leads and facilitates meetings and group discussions, formal and informal presentations and technical training classes.
- Plans, schedules and manages all related engineering support work activities/projects to ensure on-time and in-budget implementation to support the achievement of business unit strategic plans. Focus of Level 2 or Level 3 information security issues for area of responsibility. Support responsibility will include one or more of the following areas: (1) Server Hardware / Software – Mainframe, Inix, NT, VAX/VMS, (2) Desktop & LAN Software-Microsoft Windows; (3) Database Design-architecture, data interoperability and database development; (4) Network-WAN, Infrastructure, Wireless and Telephony; (5) Enabling Technology & Tools – ORACLE, OO, JAVA, EJB, J2EE, XML, development tools, etc.; (6) Information Security Tools-LDAP, VPN, Firewalls, virus protection, etc.
- Participates in designing hardware and software architectures for Open Systems client Server or Object Oriented Web based environments; participates in development and/or research of advanced technologies in areas such as “”n-tier”” Client/Server computer, internet and web technologies, Open Systems computing standards, Open Systems Hardware vendor products and services; participates in process design and documentation and provides application tool support.
- Consults on planning and issues in area of responsibility, e.g.; data center architecture server design and direction. Including platforms and operating systems and provide configurations for server infrastructure support, consult with application teams on proper design and use of technologies and tools; or consult on desktop, LAN and data center architecture design and direction, including Office Automation, platforms and operating systems.
- Gathers information, analyzes, designs, recommends and implements solutions in area of responsibility. Identifies/utilizes appropriate tools. Makes recommendations in area of responsibility, e.g. regarding the introduction of technology to the IT organization; evaluate/develop/define manage programming languages, enabling technologies, development tools (including middle-ware products and enabling technologies); integration of application projects into the infrastructure.
- Develops/defines/manages standards or projects which may include but is not limited to database design, desktop standards, LAN or server standards, open systems computing standards and internet & web technologies.
- Provides direction and leadership for multiple teams. Supports multiple internal and external clients. Supports/consults on team members’ performance management. May be required to act as Project Lead on multiple projects.
- Creates and maintains project work plans and budgets. Schedules and manages work activities and projects to ensure on time and in budget implementation of best-in-class solutions to client’s needs while meeting organization and corporate goals.
- Develops and conducts formal and informal presentations.
- Keeps abreast of technology trends and DTE Energy’s stated direction in order to select technology platforms that are appropriate and cost beneficial; and establish other business relationships with key technical dependent industries and organizations to support the application of technology to specific business areas.
- Consults on operational and planning issues related to Server Hardware/Software, Desktop & LAN Software, Database Design (Architecture, data interoperability and database development). Network (WAN, Infrastructure, Wireless and Telephony), Enabling Technology & Tools and/or Information Security. May be required to work closely with outside vendors to evaluate vendor’s software, resolve issues or for planning purposes.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or GED and 8 years of experience performing similar responsibilities
- OR Bachelor degree in a related field (Information Technology discipline (e.g. MIS, CIS) and 5 years of experience performing similar responsibilities
- Direct experience in electric utility distribution grid operations and planning, including protection coordination, voltage management, and outage management
- Experience with Automated Meter Infrastructure (AMI) technologies (i.e., Itron Collection Engine, IEE-MDM, FCS)
- Experience and knowledge of gas and electric utility meter reading and related distribution automation technologies is desirable.
- Experience using most current database technologies, such as, Oracle, and SQL
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to conduct formal and informal presentations.
- Experience in managing projects, using project management tools, scheduling and managing the work activities of others.
- Understanding of user access administration in multiple platforms are required, including Unix, Windows NT/2000, Oracle, Mainframe, AS400, and Linux.
- Broad understanding of IT industry, e.g emerging technologies, industry standards, support services, architectures, systems design, and systems integration and an indepth knowledge of operational issues in at least one area of engineering support.
- Communicates effectively, ability to influence and build relationships to foster a positive work environment and elicit support for acceptance of new technology within the organization.
- Experience in working with vendors and utilizing/enhancing vendor products and tools for the DTE environment.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of information security issues and policies
- Supports the manager in planning, executing and monitoring a staff development program in order to develop and maintain a technically competent, motivated and highly productive work force to ensure the availability of resources to satisfy both the near and long term requirements of client areas and the corporation in general.
- Ability to lead multiple teams and support multiple internal and external clients.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Address Detroit, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors