About the job
The IT Security Engineer will help design, implement, and maintain different security solutions to mitigate cyber threats within the organization network. On a daily basis, will ferret out the weaknesses of the company’s infrastructure and find creative ways to protect it.
Essential/ Non-essential Job Functions
- Establishes plans and protocols to protect information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction.
- Ensuring that the organization’s data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls
- Troubleshoot security tools related issues.
- Analyze new threats and vulnerabilities and suggest the appropriate remediation.
- Performs vulnerability scans, risk analyses and security assessments.
- Conducts internal and external security audits.
- Anticipates security alerts, incidents and disasters and reduces their likelihood.
- Manages network, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Analyzes security breaches to determine their root causes
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education And Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent (e.g. Math, Electrical Engineering, Cyber Security, etc.) and 6+ years of IT experience (3+ years of Cyber Security experience)
Preferred Education And Experience
- Web Proxy (ForcePoint, Zscaler), EDR (Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, SentinelOne), NDR, PAM (Thycotic, CyberArk, ByondTrust)
- NGFW and intrusion detection/prevention solutions (Palo Alto, Cisco FTD)
- Vulnerability Managements Solutions (Qualys, Tenable)
- Scripting Languages such as Python and PowerShell
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Deep understanding of the Cyber Kill-Chain and MITRE ATT&CK frameworks.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- CISSP, OSCP, OSCE, GCIH, GPEN, GXPN, CCNP Security, would be desirable certifications though other comparable certifications and experience would be considered.
Supervises others No
Has hiring and terminating responsibilities No
Number of employees report to this job 0 Subordinate Supervisory Employees, 0 Non-Supervisory Employees
Direct amount $ 0 (No, but all team members provide input into the annual planning process and
Indirect amount $ 0
Travels Yes, possibility of light travel.
Percent of time Less than 15% of time and only to assist subsidiaries in solution deployments.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Language Skills English, Intermediate level of knowledge
Mathematical Skills Intermediate level of knowledge
Computer Skills Intermediate level of knowledge
- IDS/IPS, penetration and vulnerability testing
- TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Cloud computing
- Self-starter who is able to work independently while supporting the needs of the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Salary Offer $94,971 - $124,506
- Address Houston, TX, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10