About the job
Overarching responsibilities, the role will include managing the team of Salesforce Admins and Developers and day to day running of Salesforce including system administration, support and continuous improvement.
Responsible for planning and managing employees and activities including development, maintenance, and enhancement projects utilizing various computing architectures. Collaborates with company customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify customer requirements, assess impacts to other data and systems, consider available technologies, compare costs and benefits, and recommend solutions. Ensures on time product delivery and within budget, which requires a clear understanding (and management) of expectations and capabilities from the outset, as well as managing the activities of cross-functional teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
- System Administration
- Basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks such as performance monitoring and backups.
- Manage security of the Salesforce instances and data content.
- Manage operational requests and troubleshoot = user and system issues.
- Provide training and support to end users and develop relevant materials.
- Defining and implement best practice standards and guidelines.
- Manages project teams including global resources with specialties in various technical areas, to ensure results meet negotiated customer expectations and adhere to internal standards and strategies.
- Creates a team environment, and administers HR policies and practices such as semi-annual performance appraisals, succession planning, individual feedback sessions, and group communication sessions.
- Utilizes traditional and agile development methodologies.
- Contributes to the development of annual business application system plans, including the establishment of project priorities. Assesses project viability, provides updates, reports, and recommends strategies and tactics to satisfy customer needs.
- Develops detailed project plans and other development life cycle documentation, follows approval process at each project phase, and adjusts project plans as required.
- Assessment of customer requirements, analysis of architecture of business events and data that supports the architecture, evaluation of possible solutions, and presentation of recommendations to IT management.
- Accurately foresees organizational impacts and understands the procedures associated with introducing new information technologies, while seeking ways to collaborate with other IT members (Technology, Architecture, Enterprise Consultants, and IT Executive Management) to facilitate transitions.
- Develops annual and quarterly budgets and resource plans based upon project priorities, and provides resources and planning for systems analysis, design, development, installation, maintenance and enhancement for mission critical application systems.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability of assigned systems environments.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standard
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
- 8+ years of experience in business application design and systems development, including implementation and installation in an online environment.
- Knowledge of technology and tools is critical including ERP and distributed systems.
- A minimum of three years of project management responsibility, demonstrating leadership skills and possessing a track record of managing technical staff and financial resources through various life cycles phases (cross-functional experience highly desirable)
- Able to be diplomatic when handling calls/correspondence for Management.
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Able to assimilate research data from a variety of sources, analyze, and recommend appropriate courses of action to take.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Able to design applications using new or existing methodologies.
- Able to avoid win/loss situations and ensure productive resolutions of conflict.
- Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to stay with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is achieved.
- Able to supervise, train, and evaluate the performance of subordinates.
- Able to think strategically and tactically.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- Able to prepare/analyze appropriate reports and other business correspondence. Knowledge and/or expertise in related area of responsibility. Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications (which may include spreadsheets, word processors, databases, etc) at an advanced level.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Cultural Competency Requirements:
- Within Tech Data diversity is one of our fundamental shared values. We are a multi-cultural environment and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming place of work where we celebrate inclusion and champion people from a multitude of backgrounds.
Join our team to connect the world with the power of technology!
Tech Data is a federal contractor, subject to the mandatory vaccination and masking requirements of Executive Order 14042. Unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved, vaccination for COVID-19 is a prerequisite for employment if it is determined that your role is in scope of the federal contractor mandate. If you are offered employment, you will have an opportunity to seek an exemption for medical or religious reasons, and if established, a reasonable accommodation will be made, subject to undue business burden.
Tech Data is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Address Clearwater, FL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20