About the job
The IT Process Improvement Analyst strives to maintain or improve efficiency and quality in the Manufacturing and Operations areas through evaluation of current business practices and solutions with the goal of enhancing productivity, reducing cost, and making the best use of the business’ resources. Serving as an internal consultant this role leads efforts for research, innovations, proposals, projects, and process improvements leveraging our IT processes and systems to gain improvement and productivity in our Operations areas.
Essential Functions, Duties, & Responsibilities
- Partner with the Operations staff to improve business solutions and reduce costs
- Work with stakeholders to review business issues and pain-points. Suggest solutions through an ideation process, where IT systems, solutions, and new information technology will make business changes and improvements possible.
- Implement, support, and improve (through upgrades, expansions, changes, etc.) the IT software, systems, hardware, and infrastructure to support business process improvements
- Develop, support, and assist in improvements of manufacturing quality, safety, cost, efficiency, and delivery lead times, utilizing the IT environment components
- Participate in Six Sigma and Kaizen events in the Operations areas with objective to gain results related to IT and business processes and solutions
- Direct project development and management from beginning to end for our continuous improvement plans with IT solutions, defining project success criteria and communicating appropriately through the project lifecycle
- Assist the business stakeholders in defining project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with the IT Steering Committee and management
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents together with the IT PMO
- Through the development and delivery of progress reports, proposals, and documentation, effectively communicate project expectations to appropriate team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Set up adequate tools for assessment and optimization of results against the objectives. Hold all organization team members accountable for the good deliverance and sustainability of gains.
- Build and foster internal and external relationships that promote the adherence of general industry continuous improvements, tools, training, successes, software versioning, etc.
- Be an organized and efficient planner comfortable managing multiple diverse priorities in a dynamic business
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Foundational knowledge of a business’ IT environment; IT infrastructure (including servers, PCs, mobile devices, printers, network devices, Wi-Fi, data communication, telephony), databases, robotics, AI, IoT, ERP, BI, Big data and data warehousing, IT/cyber security, MES, LIMS, quality systems, etc.
- Experience with process and quality improvement in a manufacturing and supply chain environment
- Able to lead the organization to think outside of the box to obtain results aligned with the strategic goals of the organization
- Experience with statistical analysis of business practices
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of processing, data, statistical software, flow-charting, training material, and presentation skills/software
- Six Sigma, Kaizen 5S principles, and Lean experience preferred
- Domestic travel required, up to 40% travel
- Understanding of software contracts, license agreements, and similar
- Knowledge of Web and mobile device development and solutions
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; Ability to act as a business analyst and effectively understand business needs and communicate ideas and solutions in a technical and user-friendly language to all levels of the organization
- Familiarity in PLC systems and how to extract data to client-server-based systems (MES, data warehouse, SQL databases, etc.) for OEE reporting and similar
- Self-starter and comfortable working independently while providing timely and accurate status reports
- Strong business acumen – ability to understand the impact of IT on various parts of the business
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field, with 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 7 years of IT experience with focuses in: software development, project management, and application support strongly preferred
- One or several of Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean, Industry 4.0 certifications preferred
- Strong skills in leadership, change management, and training/education
- Proven and documented experience in transforming a business’ manufacturing area from a manual process to a modern, digital, data-driven, competitive organization using AI, machine learning, automation, and robotics
- Familiarity of “Smart Manufacturing”, using digital technology and automation to communicate with other devices or systems and gather data about the systems’ operation and health (predictive maintenance)
- Ability to conduct and direct research into business processes, IT issues, and IT products as required
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
Butterball, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the fair and impartial treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.protected by law.
- Address Garner, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10