LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
This role is responsible for all facets of network infrastructure, servers, and firewall technologies. This role will lead a team of system administrators and network engineers responsible for both the ‘run’ of systems (monitoring, availability, maintenance) as well as projects focused on business-driven technologies. The ideal candidate will be a hands on, customer centric leader with experience in a hybrid (cloud/on prem) environment who delivers solutions to help the organization run smoothly and scale efficiently.
Together with stakeholders and IT leadership, this role will work to continuously improve the company’s infrastructure, systems, and network. You will be responsible for maintaining third-party applications, IT vendor relationships, and translating business needs and challenges into actionable goals and projects to deliver automation, efficiency, and technology solutions.
We’d love to meet you if…
… you’re energized by big challenges and creating a plan to meet the challenge
… you enjoy working with others to deliver great work
… you’re innovative and looking for a values-driven, positive culture and environment
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage outages, identify root cause and resolve all issues within allowed service levels
- Maintain / Manage disaster recover platform including maintenance, testing and documentation review
- Manage enhancement and support queues for the team
- Provide support to the Service Desk, ensuring all escalations and tickets resolved in a timely manner
- Manage incident and outage response notifications and resolutions during enterprise-wide outages
- Lead the Infrastructure and Operations production meetings to report the status of production systems and change control, production acceptance and event management processes
- Communicate change requests, issues and resolutions, event status to all areas of IT
- Analyzes enterprise support problem resolutions to identify trends or problem support areas and ensures that support procedures are being followed
- Manages relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization
- Experience managing budgets, vendor relationships and business-planning.
Leadership / Management
- Guide teams through innovative thought exercises exploring ways technology can drive additional business enablement and deliver greater value.
- Provide coaching and direction to team members
- Resource management/planning for the infrastructure team
- Ensure resources are fully loaded with work assignments
- Work with project managers for staffing needs
- Continuously analyzes current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement
- Establish performance metrics and lead teams through continuous improvement initiatives
Project / Major Initiatives
- Contribute to project sizing and estimation process in the role of technical lead for efforts in discovery phases
- Support PMO and IT Leadership with forward staffing plans to support upcoming efforts
- Assist with the preparation of budget for IT systems and services
What do I need to be successful?
- 10+ years of supervisor/leadership in service or data center operations
- 7+ years supporting and deployment with AWS and Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology and keep abreast of the latest technological advances
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Self-driven leader, with a pro-active and strategic vision of IT service delivery.
- Possess strong IT knowledge and understanding with deep skills in IT operations, customer relationship management and outsourcing vendor relationship management.
- Has wide and detailed knowledge of technology areas including O365 Cloud services, Azure Cloud services, Microsoft Servers, Network Storage, Networks, Firewalls, Microsoft Desktops, Citrix, Server Virtualization.
- Skilled at issue resolution.
- Has a deep understanding of service level agreements and metrics.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct engineering group
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal relationship, team building, collaboration and objective facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of infrastructure in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Working knowledge of server and end-user computing virtualization
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes and concepts
- A functional understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, and cybersecurity
- 10+ years experience in leading successful multi-faceted IT teams overseeing IT Support, Infrastructure, and SaaS applications in a Lead or Manager capacity
- 10+ years directly managing internal resources
- Ability to analyze complex problems, determine root cause and implement corrective action
- BS in Computer Science, Information System or other like field or 10+ years relevant job experience
- Certifications such as ITIL, ITAM, MCSE, MCSA, Network+, or Security+ preferred
- Hybrid remote and office environment
- Travel occasionally
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Service Desk, Computer Science, Cloud, Engineering, Management, Customer Service, Technology
- Salary Offer $60,664/yr to $151,850/yr
- Address Nashville, TN, USA
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20