Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
This position is part of a team responsible for effective and efficient operations of Nordson’s IT infrastructure. This role contributes as an infrastructure engineer that has the technical skills to maintain a critical datacenter and ERP Infrastructure including design, install, configure, test, and support hardware, software, and networking systems.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Business and Information Systems teams on hardware/software requirements, deployment, testing, upgrades, and support issue escalation.
- Create and maintain process and design documentation.
- Maintain a stable/reliable datacenter infrastructure including monitoring logs/performance, upgrades, and firmware/OS patching.
- Maintain the backup system including monitoring logs/storage, action on alerts break fix, restores, and involved in audits.
- Responsible for monitoring the datacenter using tools such as Solarwinds Orion, vCenter, and ServiceNow.
- Responsible for datacenter asset management and maintenance.
- Work with service line teams on technology roadmap, scaling requirements, and projects to keep the datacenter up to current technology and corporate standards.
- Subject matter expert on datacenter hardware/software licenses/renewals.
- Troubleshoot system functional and operational issues and coordinate with internal teams and contractors for support.
- Assist the team to implement proactive and preventative measures to ensure reliable and efficient system availability.
- Apply strong knowledge of systems administration fundamentals of services, capabilities, and features.
- Maintain a good understanding of upcoming changes to the platforms to assist with organizational change management.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to achieve quality of service for operations.
- Serve as user escalation point and assist cross-functional team(s) to drive problem solving to root cause resulting in long-term user satisfaction.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor of Science degree in IS, IT/ related technical field
- Strong foundational knowledge of systems administration including Operating Systems, Active Directory, Virtual Environments (VMWare/Hyper-V), security, networks, server installations, systems installation/deployment, change management, documentation, and project management.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT
- Must have a strong passion to learn/absorb new functionalities and keep up with technology.
- ITIL, LEAN and Six Sigma experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Proactive self-starter with professional maturity and confidence.
- Sound judgment, strong critical thinking, and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Excellent verbal, written, and virtual communication skills.
- A strong sense of ownership, accountability, and follow-through.
- Strong and proven analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion, and service orientation.
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change and conducting business differently.
- Focused on continuous learning and developing new skills.
- Ability to follow and execute process while prioritizing customer experience and efficiency.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Employee must be able to have work hour flexibility to support cutovers and special projects on weeknights and weekends as needed.
- Employee may occasionally be required to travel to other office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Base Salary Range for this position is $ 80,000 to $105,000 and bonus target is 3%; shift premium may be available depending on shift associated with the specific job opportunity. Benefits include Medical, Rx, Vision, Dental, and Health Savings Account (HSA), Retirement and Security benefits including 401k and Life Insurance. In addition to Paid Time off and paid Holidays, each employee receives 16 hours paid time each calendar year to perform volunteer services for Nordson-sponsored events. Ample opportunities for giving exist at Nordson including our Matching Gifts Program
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
#LI – TC1
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
- Salary Offer $ 80,000/yr to $105,000/yr
- Address Loveland, CO, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10