Job ID REF3842P
Date posted 04/14/2022
Address 825 University Avenue, Norwood, MA
Job Type Full-time
Job Status Exempt
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services mechanical testing systems.
Have you ever wondered how a potato chip always has the right crispiness level? Or, how your game controller can survive several drops whether you are excited for your win or upset by a loss? How about eyewear being able to withstand impact forces? Visit Instron’s YouTube Channel to see our customer’s applications. And, check out Facebook Watch at https://fb.watch/a8ILPde4GP/ for additional video.
Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of components and materials. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
We are looking for an IT Infrastructure and Security Specialist tasked with the daily management and implementation of a secure, reliable network and systems infrastructure. This position is responsible for problem analysis, documentation, resolution, as well as execution and management of IT projects. More specific responsibilities include:
- Managing of our global network infrastructure. Activities include configuration and management of network switches, routers, firewalls, virtualized environments, servers, etc.
- Monitoring of network infrastructure performance, identification of bottlenecks, optimization of infrastructure functions, and drafting of related policies and guidelines.
- Introducing and integrating new technology into existing data center environments.
- Participating as a member of the Cyber Security Incident Response Team, responding to and helping manage cyber security incidents.
- Ensuring the IT Infrastructure, its data, files, and applications are protected against known threats and attacks
- Reacting to emerging threats to minimize any risk of comprising of the IT Infrastructure.
- Reviewing and recommending adequate levels of IT security in line with best industry practice and/or in response to new cyber threats.
- Providing technical support to staff on infrastructure and security-related concerns.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain backups, and patching processes.
- Training and coaching Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff.
Successful applicants should have a minimum of 8 years experience and in-depth technical knowledge and experience of network and server architecture in a multi-site global environment . Certifications in Networking, Microsoft, and Cyber Security related fields (CISSP, CCNA, MCSE).
Additional requirements include:
- A positive attitude focused on understanding, anticipating, and responding to the needs of our team.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed. Highly motivated and results oriented with the ability to work independently and in a team environment with ability to easily adapt to change, consistently meet deadlines and excellent follow through.
- A global mindset. Must be culturally aware and be able to build constructive and effective relationships across the organization.
- Strong project management and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with the following:
- Microsoft 365 / M365 experience including Azure AD (Azure AD Tenant) and Exchange Online.
- Virtualization environments, specifically VMware including Storage (SAN) and Backup technologies.
- Network hardware experience, routing, switching, and VLAN’s.
- Application and operating system hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, penetration testing, intrusion prevention systems, and other security control systems for example PAM, SIEM, IDR, etc.
- Meraki Firewall.
- End User Computing environments including deployment, patching, and automated management.
- Diagnostic and remote support utilities.
- Desktop and server operating systems.
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. We offer:
- Competitive pay – annual compensation will be in the $100,000 – $128,000 range depending on experience and skill set
- Medical (multiple options), vision and dental insurance
- Company provided life insurance and both short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement savings with a company match
- 100% Tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave and adoption assistance
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- Salary Offer $90,914/yr - $156,778/yr
- Address 825 University Avenue, Norwood, MA, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10