Date: Apr 26, 2022
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii (HI), US, 96814
We recognize our competitive advantage — our people. We believe in our people, who share our vision of meeting the needs of our employees, customers, and communities and who carry out the continued success of the company.
Our employees are committed to the company‘s foundational values: integrity, excellence, teamwork, environmental stewardship, and community commitment. In turn, we invest in our employees, providing opportunities for challenge and advancement and offering a competitive compensation package.
Posting End Date: 05/24/2022 at 11:59PM HST
BRIEF POSTING DESCRIPTION:
The P EI INFRASTRUCTURE & OPERATIONS Department of the P INFO TECHNOLOGY & SVCS Division at Hawaiian Electric Company has 3 Management vacancies available. (Role: Professional)
Responsible for planning, coordinating, installing, maintaining, optimizing, and enhancing the distributed computing environment, including server/desktop operating systems, network infrastructure, voice and data communication systems. Provides level two technical support to the department and user community. While broad knowledge is required, deeper specialty knowledge may be in one of the following fields: servers, desktop computing, phone system, enterprise storage or network LANS/WANS.
- Plans, researches and directs the installation, configuration, maintenance, operation and optimization of the business IT systems, the services they provide, the users they support and the software configurations which includes Windows, Unix servers; local area networks (LAN, wide area networks (WAN), desktop applications, storage system and supporting infrastructure. This includes the integration of various corporate networks to create a seamless environment.
- Serves as the primary support for the operation of the above listed systems to meet organization agreed upon service agreements. Operations include patching, regular maintenance, inventory/capacity management, monitoring and event resolution. Is available beyond core business hours to provide emergency support of said systems plus routing after hour maintenance and patching.
- Works with internal customers and other team members to create solutions to business IT requests. Will analyze, research and recommend solutions that can work within an enterprise computing framework. Solutions can include hardware, software and/or processes.
- Researches and upgrade personal skills to stay current with industry best practices, new technology that is applicable to the corporate computing environment and is able to share knowledge with co-workers. Is able to make presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Documents decisions, processes and procedures. Able to use business software tools to clearly communicate work product to co-workers and user community.
- Leads smaller sized project teams to accomplish team results and must be able to work with project managers on larger enterprise based projects. Able to lead and to follow.
- Participates in Company emergency response activities as assigned, including any activities required to prepare for such emergency response.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of information and office technology normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of data and telecommunications hardware, software, including supported software and network configurations.
- Thorough knowledge of supported personal computer (PC) and technical workstation system and application software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network operating systems (e.g., Windows, UNIX).
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking concepts and operations.
- Required: A field of specialty such as networking, desktop computing, server computing, enterprise storage management or telephony/business communication systems.
- Preference will be given to candidates with skills and experience in one or more of the following technologies: SCCM, MDT/OSD, AppV, RDS/Terminal Services, MDM, VDI, A/D GPOs, Print management, VTC, Endpoint Security, SCORCH, VBScript, and PowerShell.
- Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Leadership skills and ability to work with a variety of individuals, occasionally dealing with sensitive, difficult, or confrontational issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both verbal and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and persuade various groups or individuals.
- In-depth analytical, organizational, and conceptual skills to handle various projects and programs.
- Several years (3-5) of experience with data and telecommunications hardware and network installation, administration and troubleshooting.
- Few years (1-3) of working within an enterprise computing environment with an understanding of modern business IT practices
- Few years (1-3) experience in project management.
Number of Vacancies: 3
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Work Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Lunch: 30 Minutes
Location: HECO Ward Avenue – Oahu
About Hawaiian Electric Companies
Hawaiian Electric Companies provide electricity and services to 95 percent of the state’s 1.4 million residents. The company is also one of the state’s leading employers and a major contributor and supporter of community and educational programs.
The demand for power that has fueled the growth of the Hawaiian Islands has been met by Hawaiian Electric Companies for well over a century. And as the next millennium unfolds, the company is committed to providing quality service and seeking clean local energy sources to power generations of Hawaii families and businesses to come. Visit us at http://hawaiianelectric.com.
Interested individuals should apply online. The application must clearly indicate the demonstrated experience/knowledge/skills/abilities the candidate possesses which specifically qualifies him/her for the position.
Should there be no candidates with this experience, the company may consider applicants without such experience who meet the knowledge/skill requirements. If such a candidate is hired, he or she will initially be placed on a development plan commensurate with his/her education and experience level.
By submitting an application for the position, candidates:
1. Authorize the Hawaiian Electric Companies to confirm all statements contained in the application and/or any materials submitted and made a part of the application as they relate to the position and to the extent permitted by law;
2. Authorize and consent to, without reservation, the Hawaiian Electric Companies sharing any and all information regarding previous or present employment, educational training or personal information from their records and from any other source with the hiring department or subsidiary company;
3. Release, discharge, and hold harmless, Hawaiian Electric Companies, from any and all liability for any damage which may be claimed as a result of furnishing such information to the hiring department or subsidiary company;
4. Authorizes release and transfer of all personnel records to be maintained by the hiring company in the event of an inter-company transfer; and
5. Authorize, direct, and consent to Hawaiian Electric Companies and/or its authorized agents to conduct investigations into candidates’ background. These investigations may include, but are not limited to searches for information about applicants; record of criminal convictions to the extent permitted by law, education records, professional certifications, personal character references, and employment history.
Hawaiian Electric Companies is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity/expression), ancestry/national origin, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws. We further encourage individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply.
Hawaiian Electric Companies complies with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any request for reasonable accommodation needed during the application process should be communicated by the candidate to the HR Service Center at (808) 543-4848.
Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc., Maui Electric Company, and Hawaii Electric Light (“Company”) are Hawaii Public Utilities Commission (“PUC”) regulated companies. The disclosure relating to Affiliate Transaction Requirements that follows is made pursuant to the PUC’s Decision and Order No. 35962, issued on December 19, 2018, and subsequently modified by Order No. 36112, issued on January 24, 2019 in Docket No. 2018-0065.
By submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that, if you are hired by the Company and subsequently transferred, assigned or otherwise employed by an Affiliate, said Affiliate will be required to make a one-time payment to the Company in an amount up to twenty-five percent (25%) of your base annual compensation.
In addition, if you are hired by the Company and subsequently transferred, assigned or otherwise employed by an Affiliate or an Affiliate-Related Entity, for a period of one year, you cannot appear in negotiations or otherwise interact directly with the Company or work on the same matter that you worked on while with the Company.
Affiliate is defined as “any person or entity that possesses an ‘affiliate interest’ in a utility as defined by section 269-19.5, Hawaii Revised Statutes (“HRS”), including a utility’s parent holding company, except as otherwise provided by HRS section 269-19.5(h).”
Affiliate-Related Entity is defined as “a third party that provides electricity-related services in a regulated utility’s service territory that has a material financial, operational, or ownership interest with an unregulated affiliate of the utility and of whom the utility has reasonable knowledge.”
For a current list of all Affiliates and Affiliate-Related Entities, please see:
This list may be amended, updated or revised from time to time without notice.
- Address Honolulu. HI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5