About the job
Summary: Dime Community Bank is looking for an IT (Banking) Governance Specialist for its Headquarters in Hauppauge, NY. The IT (Banking) Governance Specialist is responsible for monitoring the IT control environment for compliance with both the FFIEC Guidelines for IT and the Framework Control Objectives for Information Technology. Willing to train.
Salary commensurate with experience, ranging from $55,000 to $70,000 annually. The exact compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, education, training, licensure and certifications, and location.
All applicants must attach a recent resume.
- Responsible for composing and maintaining IT internal documentation for both process control and SOX compliance.
- Responsible for Sarbanes Oxley Key Control Testing and self-audits of internal systems.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance of the IT portfolio.
- Contribute to and assist with the IT Strategic Planning function.
- Contribute to and assist with the IT Risk Assessment function.
- Responsible for conducting ongoing risk assessments of the Bank’s internal processes in accordance with the Control Objectives for Information Technology (COBIT).
- Maintain the IT Department vendor management process. Conduct annual risk assessments for vendors and report to the Chief Technology Officer any major changes in the vendor risk environment. Assist business units in conducting vendor due diligence.
- Review and implement corrections as necessary to the daily IT system Add, Delete and Change functions. Perform periodic reviews of core system security and take corrective action to bring system security into compliance.
- Act as the primary point of contact for internal audit as well as Dime’s external auditors. Keep organized files of requested items and provide support to auditors as needed.
- Any other projects assigned by the Director of Information Technology that support the IT control environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with coursework in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a banking environment. Prior IT Audit experience helpful.
- Certification in Vendor Management and Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) preferred.
- Knowledge of Tandem CoNetrix is also desired.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an information technology environment with 2 years of experience in community banking.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal as well as organizational skills.
- Advanced PC, Microsoft Networking, most recent version of Microsoft Office. Experience with Premier Banking System from Fiserv, Inc. and associated integrated systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable aspects of relevant Federal Banking Regulations required.
Relocation is not covered for this position. Current U.S. work authorization is required (at this time, sponsorship may not be provided).
** Responsibilities and qualifications for this position may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.**
Dime Community Bank offers a competitive benefits package.
Dime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Salary Offer $55,000/yr - $70,000/yr
- Address Hauppauge, NY, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10