About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WILX, the highly rated NBC affiliate, located in Lansing Michigan for more than 60 years is on a growth trajectory. WILX currently produces 33 hours of news per week and growing. A market leader in news, digital, and social media WILX News 10 is home to Emmy award winning reporters, and recipient of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters “Station of the Year” award. WILX is a breaking news and weather station, with a strong emphasis on original, local reporting. Our respected main anchors live here and have made WILX their career home. This includes the longest-running sportscaster in the state of Michigan. Our newsroom leadership is known for developing young journalists. Mid-Michigan (Lansing/Jackson area) is a big news market, home to the state capital and Michigan State University. It is a vibrant, diverse, stable area and a great place to live and work. Lansing is just an hour away from Grand Rapids, downtown Detroit, and a day-trip “up north” for some of the most beautiful places in the country. If you love lakes, boating, fishing, camping, beaches, downhill skiing, wine, craft brew, Broadway shows, Big 10 sports, minor-league baseball, NFL/NBA/NHL games…Michigan has it all!
The IT Engineer will be an integral part of the Engineering Department. The successful candidate will be focused on IT technology administration and maintenance with an expectation to assist in the broadcast engineering arena of a modern television station. The IT Engineer works at the direction of the Chief Engineer, and closely with the other Department Heads to meet the needs and achieve the goals of WILX as a whole. The position will support broadcast-centric software and hardware as well as end-user desktop support. He/She will respond quickly to provide technical support for all departments and employees. Must be able to think on your feet, work well with others, be a self-starter, and a team player that is focused on quality customer service for internal employees.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure that station is always on the cutting edge of technology
• Take direction from the Chief Engineer and the Gray Media, Inc. Corporate IT Group regarding new technology, and
Implement with corresponding workflow modifications
• Oversee, maintain, repair all IT technology at WILX
• Perform all routine maintenance procedures as outlined by the vendors Gray TV works with
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering or equivalent experience required
• Good communication skills
• Strong background in Windows /Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, Virtual Machines, and Database Systems.
• Cisco experience and certification strongly desired
• Significant experience in an IT environment
• Operating knowledge of PC’s and graphics computers
• Technical and networking skills with ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve complex problems and machine stoppages
• Ability to participate and oversee all aspects of information security
• Security Certifications such as CISSP/CEH a plus
• Exercise highest level of discretion when handling confidential information
• Advanced organizational skills
• Strong ability to prioritize a constant changing ask list
• Work closely with Department Managers and direct Supervisor on urgent business operational tasks
• Linux/Unix, Firewall, SAN/NAS, and VMWare VSphere experience considered a plus
• Skilled in hardware and software end-user support
• Support/Diagnose/Repair various computer devises: workstations and peripherals and software problems.
• Good people skills
• Valid Driver’s license, and good driving record (will be reviewed)
• Pre-employment drug screening.
Physical Requirements –
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time
• Able to carry moderately heavy equipment, cameras, tripods, monitors
• May be working in extreme weather conditions, heat or cold
• Potential exposure to high noise or unusual light levels
• Ability to work on lighting fixtures on a ladder
◾ This position includes on-call rotation which may require weekend/holiday emergency work as needed. Candidates living in the metro Lansing area will be given priority.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Requisition Number: ITENG004678
- Salary Offer $84,705/yr - $108,758/yr
- Address Lansing, MI, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5