Calling all Early Career Professionals! Selective Insurance Company of America is seeking motivated, self-directed individuals to join our Information Technology Department’s early career leadership development program. We currently have openings in the following locations:
- Glastonbury, CT
- Branchville, NJ
- Charlotte, NC
Are you looking to jump start your journey to becoming a technology expert or leader? Then Selective’s IT Early Career Development Program may be for you! This program will give you the chance to develop your technical, business and leadership skills supported by a network of mentors, technology leaders and other early career professionals. This program is a full-time, 3 year rotation program where you will have the opportunity to engage with teams and senior leaders across Selective IT in three different roles and many program events. Your three 1-year rotations are structured to fit you, and focus on exploring different technical, business and/or professional disciplines. Each role will get you right in on the action, working hands-on to deliver important and fulfilling projects.
We are in search of candidates that are driven to learn, and grow their technical and professional competencies. While you will receive direction from your manager, we are looking for people who are self-driven and can work independently and seek out help when needed. Candidates should have a strong desire to grow to be a leader of others or a technology expert. It will be important to work well as a member of a self-organizing team and be internally motivated and driven to succeed. Your ability to analyze facts and draw sound conclusions will be critical to your success at Selective, as will your ability to communicate your ideas to others. You should also possess active listening skills to be able to understand and appreciate other’s perspectives as Selective considers diversity and inclusion to be imperative for success.
Potential Rotation Opportunities
Rotations include, but are not limited to, application development, security, networking, infrastructure, cloud and data analyst roles across Selective IT. If you are interested in a technology discipline where a role does not currently exist, the program office may be able to help you work with managers in that area to determine if a role can be created for one of your future rotations.
- Deliver business value by developing various technical solutions; depending on current role this could include programming, infrastructure, security or architecture solutions.
- Have a Continuous Improvement mindset; take ownership, lead and drive the adoption of new or improved technologies, patterns and processes
- Communicate with others across the organization, bridging gaps and building relationships to solve complex problems
- Perform analysis by independency seeking out required information, raising concerns, considering others perspectives and articulating recommendations to a broad audience
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost effective solutions for the systems design. Participate in setting technical direction in conjunction with the architecture, data base, and infrastructure groups.
- Work closely with customers to identify and implement complex requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies, tools, etc.
- Successfully complete technical, business and professional competency trainings
- Participate in group activities that may include light travel to other offices
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 1 or more internships and/or applicable experience.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. That means we respect and value every individual’s unique opinions, beliefs, abilities, and perspectives. We are committed to promoting a welcoming culture that celebrates diverse talent, individual identity, different points of view and experiences – and empowers employees to contribute new ideas that support our continued and growing success. Building a highly engaged team is one of our core strategic imperatives, which we believe is enhanced by diversity, equity, and inclusion. We expect and encourage all employees and all of our business partners to embrace, practice, and monitor the attitudes, values, and goals of acceptance; address biases; and foster diversity of viewpoints and opinions.
Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition Number: ITSAS003650
- Salary Offer $59,767/yr - $139,607/yr
- Address Glastonbury, CT, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5