About the job
The IT Director of ERP drives a coordinated approach to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)-related business processes and technical system integrations across all ERP domains ensuring integrity of the overall design. Tactical execution, as well as strategical planning, are critical traits of this role. The position requires close relationship with, and understanding of, all business departments throughout the organization. This role acts as the primary liaison between Butterball’s functional areas and the Information Technology department with a specific focus on the ERP team to meet, or exceed, the business goals and objectives. This individual must apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the business on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems and improvements in the ERP areas.
Essential Functions, Duties, & Responsibilities
- Define and propose new opportunities for business strategic growth through the ERP system and related technology systems, including process improvements using IT systems and technologies
- Develop, implement, and monitor system solutions in all areas of the business, consistent with the organizational strategies
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing technologies
- Provide guidance on functionality and processes of the ERP areas and how these relate to business processes, other functional areas, and existing business applications.
- Lead development processes and oversee project participations within the ERP group, ensuring defined goals are successfully delivered and met
- Define, administer, control, forecast and oversee the IT Expense and Investments budgets for ERP systems. Research and implement cost savings.
- Negotiate, review, and establish competitive contracts for technology, systems, and services within the ERP areas
- Lead ERP system upgrades and migrations
- Proactively monitor and manage the ERP systems area to prevent emergency, unscheduled, downtime for changes, updates, patches, and similar. Provide a stable and well-performing system environment and availability meeting or exceeding key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications and data security standards
- Act as the company’s business system expert and identify opportunities for change and supply the need for that change.
- Primary accountability for successful deployment of ERP/SAP roadmap in working with business teams, and program teams
- Manage all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) process`
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration
- Effectively manage and develop staff. Evoke creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition
- Ensure all business system related Service desk calls (incidents) are researched, communicated, escalated (when required), documented and resolved within defined guidelines and expectations. Lead Incident management to resolution for escalated or priority issues in the ERP area. Work with all key stakeholders coordinating issue resolution efforts where required
- Define and enforce standards, documentation format policies, change management procedures and processes for test and quality checks. Provide accurate functionality and data integrity while providing new business processes
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to drive an IT organization to deliver strategic initiatives and transformations within the expected time, budget, and quality by providing the right tools, methodologies, and guidance and by managing the delivery through IT, the business, and external partners
- Proven experience in supporting and managing cloud-based business systems
- End-to-end experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through coding or configuration to production implementation
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and guidelines, compliance, and other regulatory requirements impacting ERP systems
- Proven project management strategic planning and policy development experience through implementations, upgrades and/or major improvement projects
- Strong vendor management experience and contract negotiation skills, excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; technical documentation skills required
- Strong leadership skills and customer-service orientation
- Superior business, SAP/ERP functional acumen is needed, including industry trends and the ability to identify synergies and optimization areas within the ERP Domain, manage their execution, and lead the team for delivery and operational excellence
- Domestic travel required as well as willingness to work virtually across multiple time zones
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 15 years of IT experience working with business systems, applications and database analysis, design and programming, using a total architecture and integration approach to support business needs
- 10+ years working in an IT organization with experience managing a cross-functional team that includes business analysts, system analysts, developers, and technical staff, both onsite and remote staff, consultants, and off-shore staff/resources
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience and good understanding of how different ancillary systems integrate with a business system in general and S/4Hana specifically, such as EDI, Concur, VIM, MES, WMS, and Data warehouse/analytics functionalities
- Minimum of 10 years of broad and deep experience of supporting, implementing, migrating to, and upgrading SAP ECC and S/4Hana
- Working at a Manufacturing company is required, food industry is preferred
- Expert knowledge of at least two of the SAP areas; FICO, Sales & Distribution, Customer Service, Material Management, Production Planning, iDoc management, ABAP & Basis, S&A, etc.
- Experience managing a other ERP systems, other than SAP, such as PRISM, Oracle Financials, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Great Plains, Baan, BPICS, MAPICS, M3, QAD, MS Dynamics/Navision is preferred
- Hands-on experience, managing and implementing SAP ancillary software is preferred, such as IBP, Concur, Winshuttle, OpenText (VIM), Seeburger (EDI), etc.
Butterball, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the fair and impartial treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.protected by law.
- Address Garner, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20