Position: Collaboration and Identity Management Co-Op
Location: Seneca Falls, NY
Major: Information Technology or similar
Academic Schedule: June-December 2022 (double rotation, full-time, 40 hours per week)
Status: US Citizenship or Permanent Green Card Status is required; position requires access to controlled documents.
About the experience: The Collaboration and Identity Management Co-op role is to support the operation of ITT’s infrastructure, collaboration tools, and security. This includes installation, configuration, and maintenance, of core infrastructure, software, and collaboration tools, while ensuring minimal downtime. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware, procedural, and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide training/support where required.
- Project planning and execution of team objectives for services around the globe.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements the change, upgrade, or removal of current hardware or software systems.
- Works with appropriate business partners to evaluate, recommend, and implement the acquisition of new hardware or software as required.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, and makes recommendations.
- Provides assistance as required to organizations outside of the enterprise to improve internal procedures that may be advantageous to the enterprise.
- Ensures security standards are being met, and takes appropriate steps when deficiencies are uncovered.
- Assists in disaster recovery design and planning as requested.
- Remediates incident and fulfils services requests.
- Drafts operational documentation as required.
Formal Education & Certification
- University student on the path to achieve Computer Science degree (or equivalent)
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to operate tools and utilities used in troubleshooting issues.
- Working technical knowledge of a environment.
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to automate and script solutions.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Working technical knowledge of identity management and collaboration tools. Microsoft System Center products is a plus.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Desire to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Expected to work independently
- Exposure to enterprise grade management tools.
- Advanced PC troubleshooting
- Application packaging
- Scripting (PowerShell, etc.)
ITT is a diversified leading manufacturer of highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions for the energy, transportation and industrial markets. Founded in 1920, ITT is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with employees in more than 35 countries and sales in a total of approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2012 revenues of $2.5 billion. Our product and service offerings are organized in four businesses that generally operate in markets where specialized engineered solutions are required to support customer needs.
- Industrial Process manufactures engineered fluid process equipment serving customers in the oil and gas, mining, power generation, chemical and other process markets. It also is an aftermarket service provider.
- Motion Technologies manufactures brake pads, shock absorbers and damping technologies for global transportation markets. • Interconnect Solutions manufactures a wide variety of connector products for the oil and gas, medical, transportation and industrial markets.
- Control Technologies manufactures specialized equipment, including energy absorption and vibration isolation devices, for the aerospace, defense and industrial markets.
ITT Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Address Seneca Falls, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $20.000 ~ $50.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5