About the job
Job Title: IT Audit Manager
Reports to: Senior Director, Head of Internal Audit
Location: Goleta, CA (Open to Remote Location)
The IT Audit Manager is a crucial member of the Deckers’ Internal Audit team. The role reports to the Sr. Director, Head of Internal Audit and ERM, and assists in planning and conducting IT audits (operational, SOX, and compliance audits) and advisory services. The IT Audit Manager will interact with external auditors, consultants, and management personnel across the company, including senior management.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in the SOX program and IT operational auditing and work individually and in a team environment. The success of this role will be based on a high degree of business acumen, solid technical knowledge, excellent written and oral communication, and the ability to build excellent relationships with cross-functional partners to ensure objectives are effectively and efficiently achieved.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- Lead audit engagements, including planning, executing, directing, and completing SOX, information system, and operational audits.
- Research and analyze information technologies and operational audit-related findings, write audit reports and provide meaningful value-add recommendations for management to improve the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of their business environment.
- Leverage IT audit knowledge and act as a subject matter resource (SMR) for operational auditors on integrated audit engagements.
- Lead advisory engagements working with IT management to identify improvement opportunities to existing controls and/or operational practices.
- Participate in new systems development/implementation projects to ensure appropriate controls are incorporated
- Lead the IT SOX 404 risk assessment and scoping exercises, conduct process and control walkthroughs, assess the design of controls, develop and enhance comprehensive test plans, and perform independent testing of internal controls to evaluate its operating effectiveness.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff auditors and interns on the audit engagements
- Champion continuous control monitoring or improvement through the use of audit technologies, including audit process automation and computer-assisted audit techniques.
- Approach each project with curiosity and an open mind to support global business process improvement and recommend cost-effective ideas and solutions
- Support the integrated annual risk assessment process to ensure Internal Audit focuses on “risks that matter” and a risk-based audit plan is developed and approved by the Audit Committee
- Partner with others on the team to monitor the progress of management action plans from completed audits through regular follow-ups
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with IT, Accounting, Finance, Legal, and regional business leaders through effective collaboration
Who You Are
You are very collaborative, enable change instead of fighting it, and super passionate about what you do. You pay attention to details, are very organized, serve as a strategic partner and educator, adapt to new situations or challenges, and work well in a very dynamic environment.
We’d love to hear from people with
- Audit professional with at least 7 – 10 years of solid experience conducting IT and operational audits at a public accounting firm and/or large multi-national public company is essential
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is a plus
- Cybersecurity experience, e.g., cybersecurity readiness, penetration/vulnerability testing, post-breach analysis
- Prior history of working knowledge of information systems, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, and standard audit procedures and techniques.
- Should have an understanding of IT control frameworks (COBIT, ISO, NIST, ITIL). Experience with SOX 404 IT compliance testing is highly preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Have the ability to work with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Result-oriented, proactive, possess the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to discuss audit findings and control gaps effectively and confidently with management and develop business-focused recommendations to strengthen controls essential
- Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and multiple projects concurrently, with great attention to detail.
- Must have excellent analytical skills. Must have the ability to analyze and evaluate technical documentation, previous reports, data, and flowcharts.
- Ability to build effective cross-functional relationships at all levels to stay aligned with changes within the company and to respond to new opportunities
What We’ll Give You –
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses – We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing – No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work – Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks – Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development – Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness – There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
Equal Employment Opportunity Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.
- Address Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors