About the job
At Equitable, our power is in our people.
We’re individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities.
Here, you’ll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking.
The IT Associate position is an entry level position in the Information Technology organization at Equitable. Candidates will gain exposure to core IT practices and new technologies while engaging on a variety of projects and activities. The IT Associate will be aligned to a functional area within IT such as Software Development/Engineering, Data or Systems Analysis, Enterprise/Solution Architecture, Information Security and Security Operations, Infrastructure, Network Design, etc.
The IT Associate position is designed to bring top aspiring technology talent to shape the future leadership of our organization.
Depending on the functional area you are aligned to, below are some key highlights of this role:
- Develop and deliver programming code in support of project deliverables
- Implement security best practices using cutting edge security tools, vulnerability scanning, auditing, governance, risk & compliance
- Analyze basic requirements for data, processes, interfaces, controls, and outputs
- Analyze and design data models and relational database designs
- Define data quality plans to address data quality issues; work with business partners to build business understanding of data issues
- Contribute to defining timetables, project plans and schedules; analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, and compatibility with other systems
- Conduct unit testing to ensure code meets documented and approved application system requirements
- Communicate with peers and business unit in planning, developing, implementing, and supporting IT projects
- Consult with IT management and client areas in resolving questions during the various IT project phases
- Help analyze impact of proposed solution across technology or existing technology platforms
- Work with Senior Analysts on technical requirements and determines solutions for data, processes, interfaces, controls, outputs, environment, infrastructure tools/utilities and/or testing that fit within the recommended time frame, architecture, standards, and budget
- Responsible for writing and analyzing requirements on moderately complex project / workstream
- Document, monitor and is accountable to the Project Manager for own timeline/progress
- Develop an understanding of Agile development process for diverse requirements, including scrum and Kanban
- College Degree with a concentration in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or related area of study
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated organization skills, and good critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating or change
- Willingness to learn and gain exposure to new technologies
- Extracurricular activities and leadership roles in their respective colleges, universities, or communities
- Experience in any of the following areas would be a plus:
- Agile Framework
- Software Development Skills (Java, Python, C#, COBOL,etc.)
- Automation Tools (RPA/Robotics, Python, UI Path, etc.)
- Relational Database Experience (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
- Exposure to ERP Applications (SAP, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Data Analysis
- End User Support
- IT Audit
- IT Vendor Management
At Equitable, we’re a team of over ten thousand strong; committed to helping our clients secure their financial well-being so that they can pursue long and fulfilling lives.
We turn challenges into opportunities by thinking, working, and leading differently – where everyone is a leader. We encourage every employee to leverage their unique talents to become a force for good at Equitable and in their local communities.
We are continuously investing in our people by offering growth, internal mobility, comprehensive compensation and benefits to support overall well-being, flexibility, and a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
We are looking for talented, dedicated, purposeful people who want to make an impact. Join Equitable and pursue a career with purpose.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212) 314-2211 or email us at TalentAcquisition@equitable.com.
- Address Charlotte, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5