Under direct supervision, work in the Eversource Security Operations Center (SOC) which is responsible for managing and protecting computer assets, networks, and information systems. This position will support the primary lead for proper handling of Information Security incidents and provide remediation actions as required. This position also monitors and audits information systems to confirm information security policy compliance and provides management with security policy compliance assessments and system monitoring reports. To accomplish these tasks, individual must have a general understanding of digital investigations, and underlying principles of networking, infrastructure, and system integration. In addition, assists in providing technical expertise to key Security tools and software. This includes requirements in the planning, coordination, programming, and implementation of releases, upgrades or changes to security system software and hardware.
- Provides support in performing Incident Response functions for the SOC team to ensure incidents are handled appropriately to minimize risk and impact to the company.
- Assists in analyzing and processing case work relating to computer security vulnerabilities, phishing, malware, and forensic investigations
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring extreme flexibility and responsiveness
- Assists in preserving, harvesting and processing electronic data according to company policies and regulatory requirements. Participates in forensic investigations as required, to include the collection, preservation of electronic evidence, analysis, and creation of a final report
- Produces high quality oral and written work, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely with audiences ranging from peers to Sr. Management
- Must be familiar with current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy
- Assists in evaluating, testing, and selecting security tools, evaluation products and control products.
- Assists with annual SOX, CIP and SOC assessment and related remediation efforts.
- Knowledge of information systems security standards and practices, desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, related technical degree, or equivalent experience
- Zero (0) to three (3) years of experience in the field of information security
Licenses & Certifications:
Security+ or equivalent certification preferred
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- On-call and need to work off hours
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Address Berlin, Connecticut
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5