In addition to product solutions, LP provides industry-leading service and warranties. Since its founding in 1973, LP has been Building a Better World™ by helping customers construct beautiful, durable homes. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, LP operates 26 plants across the U.S., Canada, Chile and Brazil.
LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
To provide advanced design, support and technical expertise to guide one or more application teams in the selection, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of applications. Provide technical input to help shape the strategic direction of IT systems & services.
We’d love to meet you if…
… you’re energized by big challenges and creating a plan to meet the challenge
… you enjoy working with others to deliver great work
… you’re innovative and looking for a values-driven, positive culture and environment
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Create comprehensive, complex IT architectural designs to transfer user requirements to solutions
- Design and manage total application & system architecture and technical environment, integrating application needs and technology trends with appropriate hardware, software & infrastructure capabilities
- Maintain detailed knowledge of business operations and provide guidance on how to best utilize software applications and related technologies to support current and future business requirements
- Provide advanced application and/or systems support and training
- Provide high level consultative services to businesses/functions
- Provide architectural and technical oversight of IT projects
- Design and manage application and system architecture and technical environment, integrating application needs and technology trends with software capabilities
- Design, coordinate and facilitate environment management with operations and system administration teams including data integrity and access, configuration and purchased software implementation
- Develop and communicate technical standards and IT best practices
- Evaluate and test potential architectural & technical solutions to ensure that the company’s strategic goals are met
- Test hardware engineering and software design concepts to develop technical solutions to meet business requirements
- Maintain appropriate system security architecture and design new applications and interfaces with proper security protections in mind
- Provide technical guidance to IT staff
- May manage assigned project budgets
- May lead a small IT team under the direction of IT Manager
- Some travel required
What do I need to be successful?
- 7+ years of demonstrated related experience in two or more areas of specialty
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
- Advanced understanding of relational database concepts & conventions
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of two or more areas of technical specialization
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of hardware, software and related infrastructure
- Strong technical leadership and design skills
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Ability to analyze business needs and to create IT solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of System Development Life Cycle principles & practices
- Ability to teach and explain new concepts and techniques in a straightforward and understandable manner
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently as well as in a group/team setting
- Demonstrated high degree of self-motivation and goal orientation
- Takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same. Sees opportunities to contribute and takes the initiative to create solutions
- Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity in decisions, speech, and actions
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Developer, Implementation Manager, Database, Engineering, Technology
- Salary Offer $58K/yr - $116K/yr
- Address Nashville, TN, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10