About the job
Who We Are: The San Francisco Police Department was established in 1849 and continually strives to become a more effective, inclusive and modern police department, while earning the trust and pride of those we serve and those who serve. Our goal is to reflect on current SFPD initiatives, assess best practices across the country, and evaluate the changing environment in policing and within the City to arrive at a strategy statement that the Department and our community can embody every day.
The San Francisco Police Department stands for Safety and Respect for All. We will engage in just transparent unbiased and responsive policing. We will do so in the spirit of dignity and in collaboration with the community. And we will maintain and build trust and respect as the guardians of Constitutional and human rights.
The San Francisco Police Department is committed to excellence in law enforcement and is dedicated to the people, traditions and diversity of our City. The department provides service with understanding, response with compassion, performance with integrity and law enforcement with vision. The department has grown into a nationally known police department providing law enforcement services to one of the most recognized cities in the United States.
Specific information regarding this recruitment process are listed below:
- Application Opening: December 13, 2023
- Application Deadline: Apply immediately, announcement may close anytime after 2 weeks from posting date.
- Class & Compensation: $114,582 – $144,222
- Recruitment ID: PEX-1063-138619
- Appointment Type: Permanent Exempt – This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer. The duration of the appointment shall not exceed 36 months.
- Work Location: SFPD Headquarters, 1245 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA 94158
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, Full-time, Hybrid Telecommuting work schedule available in line with CCSF policy.
Under general direction, the IS Programmer Analyst – Senior, works in the SFPD Technology Division and is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and supporting business intelligence solutions in (OAS), Oracle Data Integrator, and other Business Intelligence tools for the National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS) project.
- Work on NIBRS ETL/ELT projects, duties include programming and training other analysts on ETL tasks.
- Develop Oracle Analytic Server (OAS) dashboard and reports.
- ETL/ELT development and maintenance for NIBRS based projects, and various team projects.
- Development process responsibilities include but are not limited to scoping requirements, design, development, testing, presenting, release, documentation, training, and support.
- Maintain development and production environments for OAS administration, OAS reporting, and user security for the SFPD Business Intelligence System.
- Prepare and provide demonstration of reports and dashboards to clients.
- Work on assigned Geographic Information System (GIS) projects.
- May be required to be on call on an emergency basis.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Education: An associate degree in computer science or closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely related field].
- Experience: Three (3) years of full-time experience in application or software development or programming.
- Substitution: Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
Note: One year of full-time employment is equivalent to 2000 hours. (2000 hours of qualifying work experience is based on a 40-hour work week.) Any overtime hours that you work above forty (40) hours per week are not included in the calculation to determine full-time employment.
Desirable Qualification: The stated desirable qualifications may be considered at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Experience as a programmer/business intelligence analyst experience using Oracle Analytic Server (OAS), Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), or another comparable Business Intelligence tool.
- Demonstrated ETL/ELT experience (Oracle Data Integrator is plus).
Verification of Education and Experience: Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at https://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed City and County of San Francisco application.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility or disqualification.
Background Investigation: Prior to employment with the San Francisco Police Department, a thorough background investigation will be conducted to determine the candidate’s suitability for employment. The investigation may include, but not be limited to: criminal history records, driving records, drug/alcohol screening, and other related employment and personal history records. Reasons for rejection may include use of controlled substances and alcohol, felony conviction, repeated or serious violations of the law, inability to work with co-workers, inability to accept supervision, inability to follow rules and regulations or other relevant factors. Candidates may be required to undergo drug/alcohol screening, and must clear Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation fingerprinting. Criminal records will be carefully reviewed; candidates who do not report their complete criminal records on their applications will be disqualified. Applicants will be fingerprinted.
Recruiter Information: If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the Staff Services analyst, Danny Wan at email@example.com.
Additional Information Regarding Employment with the City and County of San Francisco:
- Information About The Hiring Process
- Conviction History
- Employee Benefits Overview
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Disaster Service Worker
- ADA Accommodation
- Right to Work
- Copies of Application Documents
- Diversity Statement
SFPD Recruitment: https://www.sanfranciscopolice.org/your-sfpd/careers
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/CityAndCountyOfSanFrancisco1/ and begin the application process.
- Select the “I’m Interested” button and follow instructions on the screen
The City and County of San Francisco encourages women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
- Salary Offer $114,582/yr - $144,222/yr
- Address San Francisco, CA, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5