TrueBlue is proud to partner with the Milgard School of Business and its new LAUNCH Internship program. This program collaborates with corporate employers who are committed to supporting diversity and practicing inclusion in hiring qualified Milgard students to gain professional experience through paid internships. TrueBlue has heightened its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we are excited to partner with Milgard to be part of a more diverse talent pipeline for our company. As a public company, we hire accounting students for accounting and internal audit internships, and through this partnership, we are encouraging students who meet our required qualifications to apply. We will share the qualifications in a job description posted on Handshake and our TrueBlue career website.
TrueBlue’s core mission is to connect people with work and change lives every day. In fulfilling that mission, TrueBlue is dedicated to fostering, recognizing, and embracing diversity, from our board of directors to our temporary associates. We look forward to partnering with the Milgard School of Business and its new LAUNCH Internship program in this pursuit.
Are you seeking a learning opportunity at a local growing public company? Do you want experience working with acquisitive companies to build your resume for your post-degree dream job? We are seeking an eager and hard-working intern who wants to team to expand their technical knowledge and sound business judgment to execute business, IT and operational audits across our growing business lines.
TrueBlue was founded on the idea that by connecting people and work, we can help our clients grow their businesses while growing ours. We have grown dramatically over the most recent years, connecting approximately 725,000 people with work each year while serving our clients and we have the ability and capacity to do even more. Today, our ambitious vision is to be the talent solution for the changing world of work. We see great opportunity in growing to be the leading provider of contingent workforce solutions in North America and the recruitment process outsourcing solutions globally. What we do at TrueBlue is simple – we put people to work and change lives.
This is an opportunity for you to join the growth and excitement at TrueBlue. Both our former CEO (and now Chairman of the Board) and CFO were former internal auditors which provided them the background and insights into how to design and operate the various business functions and departments, evaluate and assess risk, as well as have exposure to executives and those charged with governance (Audit Committee). At TrueBlue, we recruit strong talent that has potential to grow beyond the role initially hired and into future organizational leaders.
You will be working with our internal audit business and IT teams to execute on our FY 2021 audit plan. This will help you develop your project management skills, as you will often managing multiple projects and priorities at once. In the near term, we are seeking assistance documenting walkthroughs (tests of design) and tests of controls (test of operating effectiveness) to support our Management’s report on internal control over financial reporting. Longer term, we are looking to expand our footprint within the organization to assist with value-add audits to drive growth and efficiency in the areas of: acquisition integration, application reviews, business continuity, cybersecurity, compliance, change management, policies, and privacy among others. In this position, you must be able to flex in a dynamic environment, document your audit procedures in a concise and factual manner, interact with business and IT process owners, as well as support your conclusions in discussions with our external auditors who will use our work in certain situations. We value personality, insight, intellectual flexibility, enthusiasm and professionalism.
In this position you will dive deep into the details of audit areas. Therefore, you must be eager to learn complex business processes and identify the full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organization, policy, and technology.
This position is based in Tacoma, Washington (USA) and may require travel.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- Solid ethical behavior and professionalism. Results driven, seeking challenging assignments
- Possesses a high-degree of interest in further career opportunities and professional growth.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills. You will prepare reports and make presentations to senior members of the internal audit team. You will interact with various levels of employees to collect and communicate information.
- Strong analytical skills and a keen sense of professional skepticism identifying anomalies, outliers, and issues.
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- BA/BS degree progression in accounting and/or information systems
- Familiarity with U.S. GAAP, COSO 2013 and PCAOB auditing standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Secondary emphasis on Visio and Access.
- Data analytics is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sec, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other characteristic protected by law.
TrueBlue was founded on the idea of connecting people and work. We work with businesses to provide the workforce solutions they need to succeed. Publicly traded since 1998, TrueBlue provides a talented workforce of over 600,000 people and partners with more than 100,000 companies around the world through three segments: PeopleReady, PeopleManagement and PeopleScout.
• PeopleReady provides on-demand and skilled labor for retail, manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, energy, construction, hospitality, and ports & terminals industries.
• PeopleManagement (Staff Management, SIMOS, Centerline) provides on-premise contingent staffing and on-premise management in the light-industrial sector and beyond.
• PeopleScout provides high-volume permanent employee (RPO) recruitment process outsourcing and management of outsourced service providers to a global workplace.
TrueBlue continues to broaden its service offerings, reaching more markets, and offering greater technology and innovation to benefit employers, staff and contingent workers.
What we do at TrueBlue is simple – we put people to work and change lives every day.
- Address 1015 A Street, Tacoma, WA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5