About the job
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Gilead Employees And Contractors
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
This position provides the required support across all areas of the IT Risk & Controls program. The internship program with the IT Risk and Controls team at Gilead provides an introduction into the real-world experience of IT Compliance and Risk activities.
- Work actively with the Risk and Controls Managers to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the IT Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) program activities from documentation gathering for external auditors to completing the required quality assessments of the SOX reviews performed by the IT System Managers
- Support the IT Internal Audit data gathering and fieldwork activities
- Assist in IT Internal Audit remediation data gathering activities.
- Participate in control assessments for projects, learn different methodologies, concepts and assist with required analysis.
- Perform research and assist with data analysis as required
- Assist with creating documentation, process flows, work papers as need for various Risk and Controls projects.
- Hands-on participation in all projects and programs as required
Knowledge, Experience And Skills
- Pursuing a Business Management, Information Systems or related field.
- Track record of success in diverse environments and projects
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Proven experience working independently and managing multiple assignments in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of Technology and Business principles
- Willingness to learn, and drive for self-improvement
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products and technologically-savvy
- Data analytics (e.g. Tableau) experience a plus
Key Take Away for Students
- The role provides an exposure to the IT Auditing and Compliance profession and a learning around the day to day responsibilities.
- Provides the opportunity to work closely with experienced audit, security and IT professionals as well as have the opportunity to participate in activities across Gilead
- Have exposure to issues shaping and affecting the profession today and own career development
- Helps develop effective communication skills with IT and business leaders, and external auditors
- The role will help sharpen your analytical skills as you engage in SOX and Internal Audit program activities
- Work with an engaging and collaborative team that encourages team members to take initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities
For Jobs In The United States
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
- Address Foster City, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5