About the job
Job Summary: The Technical Trainer is responsible for delivering training programs on a variety of IT topics related to the PCTE and JCTE programs. Knowledge of or prior experience with the PCTE system is a big plus! Knowledge of IT operations, VMware vSphere or NSX, Microsoft operating systems and Active Directory, Docker/Kubernetes, Atlassian Jira/Confluence, VPN tunnels, PostgreSQL, routing and networking a plus. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the technologies being taught, as well as experience in training and education.
Candidate will deliver in-person instruction at a facility near Ft Meade, MD, therefore this position is full time on-site.
- Deliver training programs on a variety of technical topics, including virtualization, range creation, databases, identity and authentication services, and networking.
- Work with content developers to create and update training materials, such as lesson plans, presentations, and handouts.
- Conduct training sessions in person, online, or via a hybrid format.
- Demonstrate classroom management techniques to ensure all students complete the training on time.
- Assess training needs and develop customized training programs to meet those needs.
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure that training materials are accurate and up-to-date.
- Assist the Content Development Team in building the networks necessary for the courses.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and make recommendations for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and trends in training and education.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in technical training or education.
- CompTIA Security+ certification (or other DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification) or be able to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Strong understanding of the technologies being taught.
- Experience in developing and delivering training programs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with a variety of audiences, including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
- Top Secret/SCI security clearance required.
- There may be occasional week-long trips to other parts of the US. Travel outside of the DC Metro Area is likely to be no more than 25% in a year.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship status with ability to obtain a SECRET to TOP SECRET security clearance. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government’s Task Order.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job.
Cole Engineering Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, membership in an employee organization, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.
- Address Fort Meade, MD, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5