About the job
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Infrastructure Specialist supporting a large, dynamic client. Emphasis on Windows OS running in physical and virtual configurations. Advanced skills in infrastructure architecture. Large-scale disaster recovery experience. Must be located in Richmond VA.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advanced Windows OS support (all server versions) including servers with SAN-attached storage required
- Data Center support experience required
- Cloud environment support experience required
- Ability to perform project work & server maintenance in a fast-paced environment
- Support a complex Windows environment with 12000 Windows servers (virtual and physical)
- Server OS support and problem resolution
- Windows Server Security
- Installing / troubleshooting Windows security patches
- Perform or assist with software installation
- Proven ability to resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Proven ability to interact with Customer and IBM teams in a positive, results oriented, professional fashion.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Adhere to documented Security policies and practices as well as demonstrated ability to modify Windows settings, registry keys, etc to make the server compliant with a specified setting.
- Knowledge of change management process and experience planning and executing scheduled changes including developing and following written change installation procedures.
- Proven ability to identify and implement automations that support processes for maximum efficiency.
- Experience supporting Production and/or Development and Test environments
- Excellent organization, prioritization skills as well as proactive and energetic approach.
- Position requires participating in a 24×7 oncall rotation.
- Position requires regular off-hours work, dependent on customer change windows or incident resolution.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Windows Clustering experience preferred
- Active Directory experience preferred
- Disaster Recovery support preferred
- Data Center Infrastructure SME preferred
About Business Unit
This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM offers a competitive benefits program which may include medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid sick time, paid vacation, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), life insurance, IBM 401(k) Program and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors