Infrastructure Security Engineer
Arrow Electronics, Inc. – a Fortune 110 company with global headquarters in Denver – helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to continually innovate the “next big thing”. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2021 sales of over $30 billion.
This position will perform a combination of security design, development, and implementation work, as well as security testing and implementation of new products or enhancements to current products. You will be responsible for the support of the production environment which ensures the appropriate security policies and practices are implemented and enforced. Additionally, you will be the technical SME security resource to multiple Arrow teams for functionality, integration and installation related questions on all infrastructure maintenance and development questions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design, configure, implement, and maintain all security platforms and their associated software: firewalls, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, anti-virus, URL Filtering.
- Design, Build, Maintain integration of Automation tools within Environment
- Design, review and ongoing assessment of firewall, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, VPN, IPsec, SSL, application control, Load Balancer, DNS and other network component policies.
- Daily triage and update/resolution of tickets generated by CRM ticketing system and respond to inbound phone and electronic requests for technical assistance.
- Ensure network security best practices are implemented through auditing: firewall configurations, load balancer configuration, DDI, NAC, change control, and monitoring.
- Follow project management methodology and demonstrate best practices in network documentation as required
- Manage situations in a professional and courteous business manner with an emphasis on customer satisfaction, while timely keeping the customer abreast of expectations, problem status and completion.
- Liaise between engineering and other departments on security related items.
- •Other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Knowledge of security network devices (Firewalls, Load Balancers, DDI Solutions, NAC Solutions) and other security networking hardware/software tools.
- Knowledge of Private Cloud based secure deployments (Azure) as well as Cloud based application security (Office 365, Teams, Cloud based DNS).
- Knowledge of Network Route and Switch Protocols (BGP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, and VPC ) on associated vendor platforms (Cisco, Juniper)
- Knowledge of Scripting/Automation Languages (Ansible, Python, Bash)
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, subnetting, routing, access control lists, IPsec VPN, NAT and network traffic analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of information security concepts, standards, practices, including but not limited to firewalls, intrusion prevention and detection, TCP/IP and related protocols, device monitoring and log management and event monitoring/reporting • Experience in LAN and WAN technologies, network design, network management etc.
- Strong organizational skill and be able to attend to and prioritize projects.
- Demonstrable analytical and technical aptitudes with focus on identity and alleviating the root cause of the issue; solves the whole problem.
- Proven ability to thrive and respond to frequent demands of multiple constituents, both internal and external, in a customer centric manner and high demand environment.
- Bonus Skills: Wireless security, 2 factor authentication support experience, Radius, Tacacs+, Unix\Linux based systems, 802.1x experience
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience. Qualifications
- Minimum three-year hands-on experience with Firewalls. Preferred Palo Alto or Fortinet
- Preferred professional certification include: PCNSE, ACE, CCNP, CISSP, F5-CTS, F5-CSE
- Minimum of five years’ experience with information technology.
- Minimum of four years’ experience with information technology security.
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Deeply discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
108,100.00 – $159,500.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
US-CO-Colorado (Remote Employees)
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Arrow requires employees to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by:
• December 1, 2021, for all positions located in CO and for business units within immixGroup and Zeus.
• All other employees will be required to identify vaccination status by December 1, 2021, and provide proof of full vaccination by January 3, 2022.
Job ID : R196147
- Salary Offer 108,100.00 - $159,500.00
- Address Remote, CO, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 10-20