About the job
Overview: The Infrastructure project manager will provide direction, guidance and organization on new IT infrastructure project initiatives. The position requires an understanding of all cross channel (direct, retail) and corporate IT business functions; focused on Network, Data Center, Shared Services, Telephony and end point implementations and related systems. The ideal candidate will also possess knowledge of Infrastructure operations, service delivery and support, help desk and related services.
This individual will manage the project work and project budget acting on variances from the plan as well as bringing the projects to closure (including decommissioning of legacy infrastructure), documenting project execution by creating a body of knowledge, and suggesting process improvements for future projects.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of Enterprise Technology Infrastructure solutions.
- Performs the overall day-to-day management of multiple projects to ensure that project objectives are achieved within time/cost/quality constraints.
- Responsible for project documentation including project plan and weekly status reports.
- Responsible for ensuring that project business and IT requirements are captured and documented.
- Reports project progress on a regular basis to ensure the project’s overall direction and integrity.
- Performs management of the risks of the project, including the development of contingency plans
- Manage project scope and change control and escalate issues where necessary.
- Liaise with any vendors or suppliers in relation to the project.
- Liaise with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that project is tested and that test plans are aligned with project requirements.
- Directs and motivates the project team
- Facilitate regular project and update meetings
- Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources.
- Ensure project objectives are understood and met, ensuring that the Project Team members understand the requirements
- Ensure all groups are adequately consulted and are satisfied with each deliverable as it effects their specialist area
- Track and report project actual expenditures as compared to the budget and effectively manage the project to successful completion within tolerances.
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- 5-7 years project management experience.
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) or equivalent experience
- 4 years Technology Infrastructure Project experience including corporate and store network, infrastructure, telephony, endpoint device, application HW/SW installation support, information security
- Knowledge of Cisco enterprise solutions, Windows, and Linux a plus
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Strong track record of project delivery and benefits realization
- Experience in defining, implementing and coaching others in IT Project Management methodologies
- Be able to demonstrate a proven track record managing multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Excellent presentation and meeting leader skills.
- Strong negotiation, organizational, and facilitation skills.
- Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision.
- Able to prepare and present information in business terms.
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Microsoft Project experience required.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Must be detail-oriented
- Skilled in developing effective partnership relationships with portfolio stakeholders
- Experience in the identification, assessment, and management of risks; able to manage the risks, not just the risk list .
- Experience in strategic planning and analysis
- Expertise in Portfolio/Demand management concepts and benefits; proven track record of implementing these concepts and delivering PPM benefits
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills. Committed to providing excellent customer service .
- Determined to deliver outcomes and able to overcome obstacles in order to move forward. Accountable for the delivery of outcomes, strives to meet and exceed expectations
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements and is forward looking
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- Salary Offer $45,320/yr to $227,000/yr
- Address New York, NY, USA
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10