About the job
WMG’s top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Engineer, Infrastructure
A Little Bit About Our Team
Global team of dynamic, creative and collaborative problems solvers working together to build highly secure and scalable solutions to drive innovation and operational excellence. This represents a technical and experienced position in the IT organization. This position will be called upon to represent IT organizations by internal and external organizations. An individual in this position is responsible for making the production systems more reliable by performing day-to-day operations including system monitoring, troubleshooting, problem identification, resolution and restoral following established and documented procedures and with minimal direction. This group is the digital thought and technology collective working with world class creative Media & Entertainment executives and their teams; acting as the trusted operators and strategic partners with them to deliver the best possible outcomes.
This is an opportunity to move the needle and make a significant impact within a large global enterprise. Responsibilities include coordinating projects and resources as new business offerings and technologies are developed and implemented within Warner Music Group. Requires excellent communication and technical skills, while working closely with all business units within Warner Music Group in determining design criteria and proof of concept as they relate to each business offering. Other functionality includes acting as engineering liaison to outside engineering entities, project budget management, staffing development and vendor management. Collaborate, design and implement ideas with business leaders from whiteboard to digital delivery and be a true partner with our business leaders. Recognize that as a Service Organization we’re there to partner and steward the organization to operate efficiency, drive revenue and manage risk.
Here You’ll Get To
- Build, manage and develop monitoring, reporting and alerts solutions for global cloud, network, and infrastructure solutions
- Strong ability to code solutions to push, pull, augment systems data
- Ensure application, cloud, infrastructure log management capabilities align with needs and processes
- Lead and own planning, engineering, implementing, and supporting a broad base of infrastructure monitoring, data aggregation, and performance management infrastructure globally
- Drive standardization and best practices for designing and implementing capabilities that support software delivery processes and operations reliability and availability
- Hardware monitoring
- Work with the latest and best of breed operations, collaboration, monitoring technologies
- Design and implement solutions that are highly automated and efficiently orchestrated
- Experience working in a dynamic, high-pressure production environment with a mid to large systems and storage infrastructure with multiple sites/networks.
- Ensure alignment between business and technical objectives
- Work in a highly creative environment and solve new problems everyday
- Collaborate across multiple technology and business disciplines globally
- Be a leader in a global team where all options are on the table
- Have a place to go beyond “thinking your thoughts”, but be able to shape them, stretch them, land and fly them
- System administration experience on multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, VMware, AWS and Azure)
- Experience with EMC storage, backup and networking solutions
- Monitoring: Infrastructure, Security, Application, Time-Series, New Relic, SolarWinds
- Very strong programming skills: PowerShell, Python, REST, GraphQL
- Able implement automated approaches for administrative and Dev/Ops tasks.
- Develop key operating metrics to identify trends and proactive solutions to meet service level agreements and reduce MTTR
- Thorough understanding of core network protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, etc. in a distributed computing environment.
- Able to exercise good judgment, resolve issues, and facilitate successful resolution of operational or application issues and constraints.
- Able to obtain, understand and interpret performance data.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities based on workload.
- Experience working with Co-Lo’s, and managed service providers.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- SOX/PCI/GDPR compliance a plus
- Service Now – CMDB
- MS Intune
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.
- Address New York, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5