Date: Mar 17, 2022
Location: Moline, Illinois, US, 61265
Company: John Deere
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois – Moline
Function: Information Technology
Title: Infrastructure Engineer – z/OS IBM Mainframe Security – 74499
Overview & Responsibilities
As an Infrastructure Engineer, z/OS IBM Mainframe Security on our Mainframe OS & JES3 Services Team, you will be accountable for providing security administration and operations support for our z/OS IBM mainframe systems.
In addition, you will also focus on identifying, analyzing, selecting, and applying the necessary mainframe system components needed to drive the evolution of Deere’s strategic business plans, processes, and modernization strategies across interconnected platforms.
You should also expect to be involved with:
- Resolving infrastructure and security problems of medium complexity and risk
- Performing root cause analysis to track issues and remediate solutions
- Managing elements of the current infrastructure to ensure maximum robustness, high availability, and optimal performance within an integrated z/OS environment
- Coordinating the application of new mainframe technology to meet specific business needs
- Providing technical direction to colleagues and serving as a backup for IT Infrastructure leadership
What Skills You Need
- 2+ years of experience with a focus on mainframe security, mainframe systems administration, and mainframe operations
- Familiarity with configuring and maintaining z/OS Mainframe Security applications, services, and synchronization activities (preferably via IBM Security Server, RACF, RRSF, and other mainframe security products such as Vanguard)
- Knowledge of implementing and administering digital certificates (i.e., SSL)
- Proven track record of delivering in an Agile/Scrum team environment
What Makes You Stand Out
- A sophisticated understanding of z/OS operating system components, facilities, and commands
- Ability to code in at least one Mainframe command language (i.e., OMC FLASH, JCL, TSO, ISPF, and NETVIEW)
- Programming experience with one or more of the following languages: IBM Assembler, SAS, CLIST, HTML, PHP, Perl, Python
- Strong knowledge of JES3 facilities and commands
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline, OR equivalent related work experience
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Davenport
Nearest Secondary Market: Moline
Job Segment: Engineer, Mainframe, Developer, Electrical, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology
- Address Moline, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5