Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and first responders see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of mission critical communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The Software & Services group builds on this to create leading end-to-end mission critical operations for Government & Public Safety Communications customers. This position with our local NYC team is focused on Next Generation 9-1-1 Solutions. Our VESTA® Router Service provides 9-1-1 Authorities the cornerstone to their NG9-1-1 transitions in a way that fits their resources, budgets and timelines. Our VESTA® Call Handling solutions connect citizens to the help they need when they need it. Our commitment to standards and our flexibility, transparency and geospatial routing infrastructure for regional or statewide deployments add up to a sound investment with new capabilities to safeguard citizens.
Our Company has an outstanding track record of success and strives to build long term relationships with our customers. Customer satisfaction is given great emphasis and we strive to build a trusted advisor relationship with every customer.
The Software & Service Implementation team comprises Project Management, System Engineering, Field Engineers and Operational Support personnel working together in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
The Infrastructure Cyber Security Engineer architects, designs, and assists in deploying, maintaining, monitoring, managing, and tuning security tools for mission critical public safety systems.
This is a hybrid position working remotely and out of the New York City offices.
- Deliver ultra-high availability systems with state-of-the-art security.
- Participate in requirements/control definition, implementation design, build and staging, verification and transition to maintenance and support.
- Partner with high functioning teams and customer partners to deliver best-in-class security solutions in support of mission-critical public safety systems.
- Design, configure, and support security deployments and deployment schema, including:
- Firewalls w/ IDS/IPS
- Anti-Virus / Host based or End Point Protection
- DDoS/TDoS design and mitigation
- SIEM design / configuration
- Perform APT correlation between multiple event sources such as firewall and system logs, threat intelligence feeds, anti-virus logs, IDS and IPS logs.
- Conduct and analyze Vulnerability Assessments as required.
- Conduct Risk Assessments as required.
- Assist external or internal clients with security events / incident response activities if needed.
- Mentor and educate project staff in security areas.
- Own issues and exceptions and work them through to resolution.
- Produce transparent written and verbal communications.
- Prioritize time and financial spend to maximize spend / risk reduction return.
- Create controls and mitigation strategies and frameworks as needed.
- Ensure expectations for delivery or resolution are met and communicated transparently to clients, both internal and external.
Success in this role is highly dependent upon the ability to proactively learn the intricacies of the solution and work collaboratively. Successful candidates will take ownership of cyber security related activities and see them through to resolution.
- Curious and self-motivated to learn and develop new skills.
- Invigorated by solving complex problems.
- Comfortable working as part of a team.
- Cool under pressure.
- A communicator.
- Enterprise IT or large scale infrastructure deployment experience
- Knowledge of NIST 800-53r5/FED RAMP controls
- Experience with requirements traceability and verification of requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Cyber Security, Information Systems, or STEM discipline or at least 5 years equivalent work experience required.
- CISSP, CISA, CISM CCSP, CEH or other GIAC – DoD 8140 / 8570 IAT / IAM certification (or required within 6 months of hire)
- Strong working knowledge of networking devices, including IDS/IPS systems, firewalls, packet capture tools, and file integrity monitoring tools.
- Ability to independently originate and review security architectural documents (technical or process) and suggest improvements or remedial actions.
- In depth knowledge of networking protocols, system calls, TCP/IP stack, OSI model & PKI systems.
- Advanced level of knowledge of incident response, detection and prevention. Enterprise IT or large scale infrastructure deployment experience.
- Knowledge of NIST 800-53/FEDRAMP controls
- Experience with requirements traceability and verification of requirements.
You get extra points if you have:
- Experience securing private-cloud solutions
- Experience with SIEM systems integration
Some travel (<25%) may be required for all project phases, from design through final acceptance.
**Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer**
- 5+ years of cyber security engineering experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions’ customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Job ID : R22996
- Address New York, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10