The Ideal Candidate
The Infrastructure Architect is to serve as the lead systems and infrastructure architect, including the project management, design, implementation, operations and disaster recovery aspects of network, server, storage and virtualization technologies for the data center environment. You will ensure secure, integrated, available and reliable data center systems functionality in support of infrastructure requirements. Lead projects to enhance and support the IT landscape with the objective of maintaining confidentiality, integrity and availability of IT assets. And Establish standards, policies and procedures for the efficient and secure operation of the company’s computing and networking infrastructure.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Design and participate in the development of strategies for the future direction of the company’s information management technology infrastructure.
- Plan, document and lead infrastructure projects; participate in the company’s application development projects as a systems specialist and solution provider, with the overall aim of providing well engineered, secure and integrated solutions.
- Provide computing, communications and security infrastructure design solutions; participate in infrastructure and application architectural teams; provide design reviews and implement solutions for the company’s computing environment.
- Conduct technical evaluations and proofs-of-concept to evaluate software and hardware products from external vendors and report on the same as a technical expert and advisor.
- Work closely with security coordinators and advisors to remediate security risks through technical and procedural endeavors.
- Initiate and implement architecture and design changes, while ensuring that existing infrastructure services are not negatively impacted.
- Ensure the safety, security, reliability and availability of the company’s data center environments, including monitoring of the physical environment and functionality of the power, cooling, and safety infrastructure.
- Ensure the integrity, reliability and availability of the company’s unified storage systems, including managing and monitoring capacity, performance and security appropriate for intended use.
- Manage and monitor data replication/protection and disaster recovery strategies to ensure the recoverability of data and systems in a timely manner and for appropriately defined periods of retention.
- Work as part of the server team to ensure the security, reliability and availability of the company’s servers and hosted services.
- Design and plan for growth, accommodate for new technologies, and meet customer needs for the server infrastructure in terms of hardware, software and networking aspects, including installation, configuration, tuning and maintenance.
- Design, install, configure, trouble-shoot and maintain server based applications and services, including system monitoring, authentication and authorization infrastructure components, file services, DNS and DHCP.
- Ensure the agility, reliability, security and availability of the company’s virtualization infrastructure, specifically in the areas of servers, storage, and network virtualization, with the aim of providing both flexible and cost-effective solutions.
Experience and Skills You’ll Need to Have
- University degree or equivalent and commensurate working experience in information technology, computer science or related field.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant working experience in information technology, computer science or related field, especially in an environment with significant IT security constraints. Significant work experience in all aspects of the architecture/design, implementation/deployment, and management/operations of data centers, networks, servers, storage, and virtualization environments. Experience with the design, deployment, and operations of virtual server infrastructure products and the server operating systems and related applications, such as Active Directory.
- Practical experience in producing functional specifications and formulating solutions to meet user requirements.
- Practical experience in system, installation, configuration, and integration of diverse systems, as well as in trouble shooting and problem resolution.
- Practical experience in managing large, IT infrastructure projects such as data center migration/consolidation, unified storage deployment (SAN/NAS), virtualization technologies, network technology/topology changes, and server refresh.
- Practical experience with IT service quality standard processes and service delivery such as ITIL.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential.
- In-depth technical knowledge of server operating systems, directory services such as Active Directory, domain/forest design and implementation, authentication, authorization, and identity management and related security frameworks, clustering technologies and related best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of unified storage systems and protocols, especially SAN/NAS, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, FCP, NDMP, etc. and the optimal deployment of these systems and protocols, including caching, de-duplication, compression, thin provisioning, cloning, replication and backup technologies and related software and hardware monitoring solutions, as well as best practice deployment and operations for very high availability and recoverability and solid data protection.
- Thorough knowledge and deep understanding of server, storage, and network virtualization technologies and infrastructures, such as VMware, NetApp FAS, and Cisco Nexus, including related monitoring and management systems.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of secure computing infrastructure design and operation, authentication protocols, public key infrastructure systems and data encryption technologies.
- Practical knowledge of and experience with data center infrastructure (especially security, power and environmental aspects) requirements, specifications, standards, trends and best practices.
- Good general understanding of network technologies and concepts, including Ethernet and TCP/IP, layer-2/3 switching and routing, access, distribution, and core/backbone network layers.
- Proven skills in system integration as well alid knowledge of major LAN-based services, including e-mail, file sharing, communication protocols, and authentication technologies.
- Excellent language and visual skills for producing well-structured technical documentation and operational procedures.
- Good knowledge of industry standard quality control and continuous improvement processes and best practices.
- Proven ability to function well as part of a team, building team spirit and recognizing the contribution of others.
- Strong communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external counterparts and to work harmoniously in a multicultural/multidisciplinary environment with respect for and sensitivity toward diversity.
Req Number: INFRA001517
- Salary Offer $81K/yr - $177K/yr
- Address Nashville, TN, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10