Overland Park, KS, US
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 100036
Job Title : Infrastructure Analyst Intern – Kansas City
Location : KCP
Business Unit Sector : COR-BECIO-CIO
Department: BVCOR Service CIO
Opportunity Type : College Intern
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire: No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
As an Infrastructure Analyst Intern you will have the opportunity to:
- Functions as a Infrastructure Analyst position in IP/Data Network/Coding support.
- Under direction from Network Architect(s) and Network Manager(s) develops and applies intermediate to higher level network concepts and approaches to unique network design and engineering problems.
- This Infrastructure Analyst position will be responsible for assisting with the IP/Data Network, Datacenter, Documentation, Code review and Implementation, assessment, designs, implementation, and optimization for Black & Veatch infrastructure using Automation and Infrastructure as Code.
- Provides intermediate to Senior technical support to business and pursuit activities, including assisting in the creation of projects (Internal and External) proposal, scope, level of effort estimation and implementation plans. Participates in project execution and technical delivery.
- You will be part of the critical and forward-thinking group that enables our people, projects, and businesses to be as successful as possible by providing creative solutions. Functions in this group include CIO/Global Information Technology, Diode, ESH&S, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Risk Management, and Government Affairs and Real Estate and Building Services.
Internship Program Benefits
- Hands-on experience at an employee-owned engineering procurement, consulting, and construction company
- Learning opportunities through mentorship and co/lab trainings
- Networking opportunities with leading experts in the industry
- Configuration, installation, commission, integration and testing of IP/Data Network devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, fiber and cable management, and rack power distribution.
- Complete site survey assessments and documentation.
- Evaluate, refine, and implement network designs.
- Basic Knowledge of IP and Data Network Design and engineering design principles, guides, and standards.
- Basic Knowledge of Programing Languages for Coding SDN and IAC like Python, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Collaborate with team of engineers, assist network team members.
- Basic General understanding of how industry standards for models apply to network design.
- Basic Support / Participates in technical projects and application roll-outs.
- Continues review of B&V processes and standards and gains an understanding of how they relate to project execution.
- Responsible for adhering to all Design Engineer quality processes and procedures.
- Work hand-in-hand with other team members on technical issues.
- May assists in developing and managing scope, schedule and budget requirements.
- Supports continuous improvement of project and internal processes.
- Understands, advocates, and supports OCIO strategies.
- Ability to identify issues and provide feedback for process improvement.
- Work on Automation mode of thinking.
Enroll in a Bachelor’s degree in information Security/Computer Science/Electronics and Engineering/Information Technology preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
Basic General to intermediate knowledge of IP/Data Network, engineering design principles, Coding guides and standards.
Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
IP/DATA Network Sills:
- Basic to very little General experience in translating design and evaluation of Data Networks (i.e. IP, Cybersecurity, Firewall, etc.)
- Basic to very little product knowledge and hands-on configuration and procurement experience on some Network vendors.
- Basic to very little Understanding of various Protocols such as but not limited to TCP/IP eBGP, iBGP, OSPF, EIGRP MPLS, SDWAN, SD-Access, DNA Center.
- Basic to very little Understanding of, and have experience with, several of the following network technologies: 802.1q, QoS, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP.
- Basic to very little General knowledge and experience with configuring, testing and evaluating IP networks.
- Basic to very little network documentation skills, including, but not limited to the development and updating of network drawings, rack layouts, cut sheets and various technical deliverables.
- Good written communication skills pertaining to creating and publishing professional processes and procedures, including System Requirements, Method of Procedures (MOPs), work packages, Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP), among other related deliverables.
- General to intermediate knowledge of telecommunications technologies and design
- Basic to very little network documentation skills, including, but not limited to the development and evolving of network drawings, rack layouts, cut sheets and various technical deliverables.
- Basic to very little Experience with performing site surveys.
- Basic to very little Experience with performing installation and implementation of network equipment.
- Competent writings skills in rendering and modifying professional processes and procedures, including System Requirements, Method of Procedures (MOPs), engineering work packages, Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP), among other related deliverables
- Basic to very little General knowledge of telecommunications technologies and architectures
- Assist to write and or review Scope of Work (SoW) for engineering deliverables.
- Basic to very little industry knowledge and technology trends.
- Basic to very little Experience with configuring RF radio equipment is desirable.
- Basic to very little General Cybersecurity knowledge and experience is also desirable.
- Basic to very little General DevOps and Coding knowledge and experience is also desirable.
Professionals located near a Black & Veatch office have the option of a hybrid work model that offers a balance between working together in person and the flexibility of remote work. Our hybrid work model means you will work three days in the office and two days from another location of your choice.
This hybrid role is located in Overland Park, Kansas.
Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our accommodations request form. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company‘s long-term achievements – and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
- Address Overland Park, KS, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5