About the job
The IT Support Manager oversees all activities of the IT Support team that provides local and remote internal IT support to all Company employees. Additionally, the incumbent provides leadership for project organization and deployments in partnership with other IT teams and is the ultimate point of escalation for IT Support team members.
Tasks are to be completed while maintaining the highest safety, food safety and quality, cost and GMP standards in a high speed manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to all issue escalations for the most complex or sensitive customer issues and measures IT Support resolution progress to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Engages with multiple IT Teams on project planning initiatives to coordinate implementation of enterprise-wide customer solutions including purchasing, deployment, and maintenance of various client technologies, in accordance with established standards and software licensing requirements.
- Maintains various IT system configurations and polices for the incident management system and knowledge management system.
- Manages communication model with customers, IT team and IT management throughout issue resolution process – inclusive of company-wide communication of scheduled updates and unplanned service outages.
- Maintains documentation and revisions of departmental standard operating procedures for the IT Support team including but not limited to application installation, escalation procedures, client communications and issue prioritization guidelines.
- Utilizes asset management system to oversee policy compliance for corporate deployment, recovery and disposal.
- Reviews and processes invoices for select IT Support expenses and provide input into the annual capital budget planning process.
- Provides direction, guidance and training to all members of the Client Services teams
- Acts as backup to all members of the IT Support team and assists with other projects, as needed.
- Reports food safety and quality issues and initiate action, as necessary.
- Follow all Food Safety guidelines, but not limited to: GMP’s, Allergen Program, Quality, Sanitation, Safety
- Additional duties and various projects as needed.
Minimum ten years’ experience in a IT client facing or related capacity with additional customer/client service training experience.
Minimum five years’ experience planning, coordinating and managing small to medium scale technical deployment and\or systems conversion projects with direct customer impact
Oversees all domestic members of the Client Services team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience.
- Technical training certifications preferred.
- Experience with PC hardware/software support and configuration.
- Expert knowledge of Windows/ Macintosh operating systems and ability to troubleshoot issues and demonstrate problem solving techniques for local and remote users.
- Exceptional customer service experience and proven ability to provide high quality customer service via the phone and email.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet Explorer; and Outlook with an Exchange based email system with experience in assisting others with the use of these products.
- Experience configuring and supporting client side facing IT systems
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Experience using an Issue Tracking System (ITS) for customer support.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively.
- Self-motivated and strong analytical / problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and across other functional areas.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Preferred knowledge of the Consumer Product Goods Industry.
- Work with minimal supervision execute for results in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to empower, motivate and inspire staff.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- Ability to lead change and execute on strategic decisions.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Address New Hyde Park, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20