We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic senior leader who can build high performing Agile teams. The successful candidate will possess a passion for software delivery, strong leadership skills and thorough knowledge of software development practices. The candidate will ensure that team members are technically equipped and empowered to deliver the Product Architect or Developer role within new projects and sustaining teams.
The Software Development Manager is a member of the Leadership team in the IT Application Services Group. The individual fulfilling this role is accountable for alignment to vision, talent management, technical thought leadership, compliance to standards, and budget management.
- Create, communicate, and execute an effective SW Development vision and strategy
- Recruit and retain top talent; ensuring technical competency and an effective succession management plan
- Lead Developers in working effectively on Agile teams to support “potentially shippable’ product delivery through DevOps practices
- Work with Product Owners and Enterprise Architecture to develop secure products that solve business needs and are easy to use
- Proactively identify areas for improvement within applications and development processes and propose new solutions
- IT savvy, able to understand required Security and Infrastructure technology needed to support the SW Development function (like Network gateways, Firewalls, and Security Agents)
- Stay current on latest development practices and tools, and transfer this knowledge to the development team
- Manage Software Development Vendors including vendor selection, on boarding, off boarding, and monthly invoice reconciliation and forecasting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience, with last 4+ years of leadership/management experience.
- Proficiency in at least, one modern programming language such as C#, Java, Python etc.
- Deep understanding and experience in Agile software practices and full software development life cycle
- Experience leading transformations from traditional software to cloud native solutions
- Working knowledge and experience of key platforms: SAP, Salesforce, ServiceNow, and Power Platform
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with good communication skills and ability to work within a distributed team
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1), their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Information Technology Manager and Senior Information Technology Manager roles.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 119959
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, ERP, Developer, Manager, Technology, Management
- Address Houston, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10