Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter’s high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter’s wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY LEAD ARCHITECT
- Drive documenting system requirements.
- Lead application design for projects of varying sizes and complexities.
- Develop and maintain application code in languages and tools as required (ie: C#, MS Visual Studio, etc.).
- Develop and maintain database design in database technologies as required (ie: Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc.).
- Use of source control and automated build systems (ie: Git and Azure DevOps).
- Round-the-clock support of the various manufacturing systems and applications.
- Responsible for improvements to address technical issues and system down conditions.
- Develop legacy database extracts in support of Carpenter’s Digital Strategy.
- Provide technical input to the strategy and architecture for Carpenter Digital and Cloud Initiatives linked to existing legacy data repositories.
- Work with the Cyber Security, Digital, Engineering, E-Techs and IT Infrastructure teams as required.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
REQUIRED FOR THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY LEAD ARCHITECT
- Four-year college degree.
- 15+ years of relevant Information Technology experience including at least three years in a management role.
- Proven leadership skills regarding development and promotion of IT standards.
- 10+ years of broad experience in IT technologies and software with specific experience in MS.Net, C#, PowerShell, Biztalk, MS Visual Studio, and Oracle or MS SQL Server.
- Five or more years of experience working with source control systems, Plant Data Historians and Lab Information Management Systems
- 10+ years of experience in system interface design and support, full software development life cycle and solution build process development.
- Experience in development and support of systems supporting manufacturing processes.
- Broad technical ability and troubleshooting skills
- Operate with minimal direction when required.
- Take ownership and responsibility for a situation or issue and lead it to completion.
- Ability to interact well with others.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job ID : 20874
- Address Reading, PA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 20+