Information Technology and Information Security Counsel
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“A long-lasting career at 3M comes from having vision, imagination and the ability to see what doesn’t exist. 3Mers are groundbreaking innovators and it’s important that we give every person the space for disruptive and creative thinking.” – John Banovetz, senior vice president and chief technology officer at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
The successful candidate will serve in the position of 3M Senior Counsel for Information Technology, Information Security and IT Sourcing. In this role, the successful candidate will primarily support and counsel the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) organization and Legal Affairs on relevant legal issues related to IT, cybersecurity, IT sourcing.
As an Information technology and Information Security Counsel, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Advise the TTS organization and other groups on 3M IT policies and standards, strategic agreements including structuring, drafting, and negotiating agreements for cloud services, outsourcing, software licenses, and other information technology matters;
- Counsel the Information Security Risk and Compliance organization on matters related to prevention, preparedness and response related to security incidents;
- Actively participate as a member of and advise the Technology Risk Governance Committee;
- Work closely with the IT and the Legal teams to counsel on issues related to Mergers and Acquisitions transactions and corresponding transition services agreements;
- Partner with the global Privacy team and collaborate on privacy and data protection issues;
- Coordinate with the Sourcing organization and Sourcing counsels on strategic IT sourcing initiatives;
- Review and negotiate data security and privacy terms on sourcing agreements; review data processing agreements;
- Collaborate with others to deliver relevant internal audience on privacy related matters;
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Juris Doctor degree (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited law school
- Eight (8) years of law firm or in-house combined years of experience with software and IT related sourcing, privacy, information security, including strategically managing related risks
- Experience in drafting, negotiating, and advising on agreements in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Admitted to practice in Minnesota or eligible for admission within six months of employment
- Five (5) or more years of experience negotiating complex IT and commercial transactions, domestically and internationally
- Experience with mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Understanding of and experience in advising clients in a diversified business environment
- Interest in privacy and data protection issues
- Developed sense of judgment, risk management skills and ability to balance business needs, compliance obligations and reputational risks in an objective, practical way; demonstrated ability to both grasp the “big picture” and attend to details
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced business environment and drive projects to completion
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate and relate at all levels of the organization
- Reputation for integrity and ability to balance business partnership with the need to exercise independent judgment
- Sense of humor, curiosity, courage, and a drive for continuous improvement
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain “non-U.S. persons” (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, “Temporary Residents” (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees’ U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company‘s sole election.
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Job ID : R01076690
- Address Sacramento, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10