Job Description Summary
Who We Seek:
• Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
• Self-Starters. You’re a go-getter who isn’t afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
• Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
• Collaborators. You’re a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
Maximus Attain is seeking an Information Systems Security Specialist to join our growing team in RTP, NC. The team supports and sustains the client’s cybersecurity program. The team provides centralized management of security assessments; proposes information security technical and administrative solutions; performs analyses to ensure security controls are consistently implemented; integrates new technology with information security standards; develops and executes plans for monitoring and assessing networks, systems and applications; and supports the sustainment of the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
• Play a critical role in the documentation and authorization of new or existing systems.
• Collaborate with system owners and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in assessing the security posture of systems throughout the RMF lifecycle.
• Coordinate with stakeholders and system owners to ensure all NIST SP 800-53 controls are properly implemented and assessed throughout the ATO lifecycle.
• Coordinate with stakeholders to develop, and provide yearly reviews of, RMF system documentation, e.g., Incident Response Plan, Configuration Management Plan, and Information System Contingency Plan.
• Interact with team members to ensure a comprehensive accreditation package is maintained.
• Provide high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, and implementation advice on moderately complex problems relating to cybersecurity that require an appropriate level of knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
• Apply principles, methods, and knowledge of cyber security to specific task order requirements, advanced principles, and methods to address technical cybersecurity issues.
• Develop Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) to manage the mitigation of information system security weaknesses.
• Assist other senior consultants with analysis and evaluation to develop recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in related domains.
• Develop RMF templates and tailored processes to gain efficiencies
• Responsible for growing strong customer relationships and effective communication
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of cyber security experience in governance, risk, and compliance.
• Expert understanding of cloud security and FedRAMP authorization process
• Knowledge and understanding of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) RMF Special Publications.
• Experience in supporting the steps in the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
• Ability to conduct security control selection, tailoring, and overlays.
• Excellent technical writing skills and RMF control knowledge (must be able to technically document assigned area of responsibility as it relates to meeting the requirements of the control).
• Experience with developing POA&Ms (must be able to technically document mitigation strategies and milestones for findings associated with assigned area of responsibility).
• Ability to work in a team or independently.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal/written).
• Excellent project planning and time management skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to assimilate multiple inputs into a cohesive output/strategy.
• Experience with public speaking and ability to conduct meetings.
• Nessus scanning tool – reviewing and understanding vulnerability scan results
• Network security background
• Public trust clearance and experience with the Xacta tool is a big plus.
*****This job is reserved for Attain only. Attain job description is under review.*****
As a large employer and Federal contractor, Maximus is subject to various vaccine mandates across our lines of business. Maximus is committed to complying with any applicable vaccine mandates. The specific vaccine requirements for this position will be outlined throughout the selection process. Individuals who believe they may qualify for a medical or religious accommodation will have the opportunity to apply for an accommodation following an offer of employment.
- Address Morrisville, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10