Maxar is seeking to hire an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to join our Security team in Ypsilanti, MI to interact with systems and software engineers, integration and test specialists and others to manage the information security and information assurance activities. This position will provide support to the integrated hardware and software product. Successful execution of this role will combine cyber security principles, DoD Information Assurance tasks and unwavering dedication to team excellence. In this role, you will work in an Agile Scrum environment working across functional teams.
What will you be doing?
- Provide Information Assurance compliance support for USG network integrated systems to include software vulnerability testing and hardware hardening.
- Directly responsible to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and Senior Security Manager in the operations and management of the Information Assurance (IA) and Computer Security (CS) for program networks.
- Provide experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and its application under the Intelligence Community Directive (ICD 503), Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) and National Industrial Security Program Operation Manual (NISPOM).
- Support full life-cycle Assessment & Authorization (A&A) deliverables and Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Conduct technology impact assessments for the application of new technologies or products on existing infrastructure.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary working groups solving complex problems.
- Investigate security incidents to include data spills, data integrity incidents, and malicious code incidents.
- Must be a U. S. Citizen and be willing and able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business or related scientific or technical discipline. 4 years of additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 8 years of relevant experience.
- Information Assurance Certification based upon DoD Directive 8570 (Any one of the following: Security + CE, CISSP, CISM, GSLC).
- Previous experience working as a security professional in a SCI/SAP environment on government contracts.
- Curent/active TS/SCI/CI Poly.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Risk Management Framework.
- Network Infrastructure and Security Configuration.
- SMTP, Email Header, DNS Analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of ICD and NISPOM, DAAPM Baseline Standard requirements, JSIG, and NIST guidelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work in a collaborative team environment.
All Maxar U.S. employees and international employees who work in the U.S. and visit Maxar sites must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022, except in cases where legally entitled to an exception.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID : R12633
- Salary Offer $51,280/yr to $143,770/yr
- Address Ypsilanti, MI, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10