L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The ISSE will be responsible to create and provide the government ISSM with the program System Security Plan (SSP), Continuous monitoring plan, Security Assessment Report, Privileged User’s Guide, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and other Risk Management Framework (RMF) security documentation
- The ISSE will be responsible for notifying the project team of appropriate security measures, identifying potential security weaknesses, recommending improvements to address vulnerabilities, and monitoring system security.
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, or related technical field with 2 years minimum prior related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Prior experience developing and updating Certification and Accreditation documentation and system authorization artifacts under the Risk Management Framework (CNSSI 1253/NIST 800-53, etc.) or previous C&A frameworks such as DIACAP/NIACAP/DSS ISFO and NISPOM Chapter 8
- Experience with DoD STIG’s, CIS Benchmarks, NESSUS, SCAP, ACAS, or other related hardening and compliance assessment tools to oversee the implementation and enforcement of security policies
- Experience with Windows and Linux client/server security administration and the underlying technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, WSUS, and the security subsystem (IA&A)
- Experience in evaluating hardware security such as Trusted Platform features, EEFI/BIOS security, and sanitization measures
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in information assurance or security
- Minimum 1 year of experience with RMF/DIACAP/NISPOM
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Candidate must possess a Secret Security clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Practical knowledge of security measures, potential security weaknesses and vulnerabilities, documentation and system security recommendations
- Excellent observational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to bring creative solutions to the customer (instead of problems)
- Ability to stay disciplined and focused on high-priority tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be productive and effective working independently or as part of a team
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Desire to work with a can-do attitude necessary to maintain the company’s awesome culture
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude
- Required to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Written and verbal communication
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse
- May be required to lift/move up to 25 lbs., with assistance
- May require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane
- Work performed in an office environment
- Working with computers and other computer and hardware components
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Possible travel and work OCONUS (program specific)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
- Address Nashville, TN, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5