Location: Scott Afb, IL
Category: Information Technology
Job ID: ANS0001G8
Critical Mission Solutions
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It’s our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Security Specialist to support the IT Service Management (ITSM) contract at Scott AFB, IL. Jacobs provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments’ specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group’s enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
- The Information Systems Auditor audits moderately complex new and existing information systems applications to ensure that appropriate controls exist, that processing is efficient and accurate, and that systems and procedures are in compliance with corporate standards. Competent to work on most phases of information systems auditing in support of the Security Controls Assessor (SCA).Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Conduct an overall enterprise risk management program, develop and execute processes and procedures for continuous security monitoring, and perform security audits and validation of designated USTRANSCOM key cyber terrain and systems as part of the overall organizational Risk Management Program IAW the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Assess the effectiveness of the total system security and make mitigation recommendations to Government based on these review of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS).
Review all security controls and assessment procedures to measure the effectiveness of the total system security.
Generate reports for the technical point of contacts (POCs)/system administrators (SAs) of audited systems that detail compliant and non-compliant findings, with remediation recommendations for non-compliant findings.
Revalidate system compliance after technical POC/SA remediation of non-compliant findings
Generate final audit report on system compliance status and provide to the ISSE function for risk assessment consideration, and for review of proposed changes to ensure that new systems introduced into USTRANSCOM and the TCCs are IAW DoD and command computer security policies
Perform special security audits of key cyber terrain/systems as requested by the government, including assessments of systems based on specific risk conditions or command interest, and will typically involve scanning and on-system measurements of the compliance status of the system
Support assets residing within USTRANSCOM physical, virtual, and Cloud enclaves located at Scott AFB, IL; Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC)—St. Louis, MO; and Joint Enabling Capabilities Command (JECC)—Norfolk, VA, O’Fallon, IL and Fairview Heights, IL
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Qualifications – External
-This position requires a Bachelors degree with 5 years of experience or a total of 9 years of related experience.
– An IAM Level II certification is required.
-The minimum of an Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
-Knowledge of Ports, Protocols, and Service Management (PPSM) is desired.
• Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
• Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
• Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
• Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to the customers.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Address Scott Afb, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10